Windows 10: Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

Discus and support Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john_11_22, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound output. I am using an MSI g66 stealth laptop. I have the latest version of windows version 2004.

I have tried all the usual steps unpairing and re-pairing, updating windows, updating firmware on the headphones, coming back the next day and trying all of those steps again. I have also sought support through windows who has recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, which I have done a few times now without fixing the problem.

Put another way, the central problem is that in the device manager the headphones show up as a bluetooth device, but NOT under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and therefore I am unable to select them as an audio output under windows settings

My hunch is that the windows driver is screwed up. I think I want to try installing a third party driver, but I do not know which driver.

:)

john_11_22, Aug 31, 2020

2. Bluetooth Headphones

I just bought Sony's WH-1000XM4s and I am having difficulty with using it on my Windows 10 PC. It shows up in Bluetooth as LE_WH-1000XM4 and when I connect it, it shows up in other devices, not in audio so I can't listen to anything without using a wire.

Aman Fichtman, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Poor sound quality Bluetooth Sony WH-CH700N with Windows 10

Hi guys,

I have just bought a new Wireless Noise Cancelling Headset Sony WH-CH700N. No problem in pairing it with Windows10 however the sound quality when connected via Blootooth is absolutely outrageous. It is great when connected with cable though.

Do you think it is somehow possible to improve the audio quality when in Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

RiccardoneII, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

Sony headphones and handsfree WH-CH700N are connected and doesn't play music o work as handsfree

Hi Josep,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection issue, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
      and right click on your Bluetooth driver.
    • Click on Update Driver
      and choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Choose Let me pick from a list of available device drivers on my
      computer and click on Next.
    • Choose a different version of driver among the drivers listed there and click on
      Next.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver. Reboot the machine once the driver is installed and check if you’re able to connect the devices.

Additional information: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

If the device is still not available as a playback device after pairing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Volume
      icon on the taskbar and choose Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices
      and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • Once the above options are enabled, check if the Bluetooth device is listed. If listed, right click on it and
      Enable the device and Set as Default.

Meanwhile, you may also go through the troubleshooting article
    by Sony and see if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

1. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Sound Output

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...: Pretty much the above. I'd really like to be able to use my headphones with my PC, but whenever I try to listen to audio from any source, I get problems. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but iCue 5 keeps disconnecting on me randomly, but the audio is what I want to...
  3. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  4. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  5. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working: I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they...
  6. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working: I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they...
  7. Pairing Sony WH-1000XM4 with Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Sony WH-1000XM4 with Surface Laptop 3: Hi Gentlemen,I bought a Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones and I'm trying to pairing it with my surface laptop 3 with no luck. When I click on Bluetooth the add device its keep loading and searching with no result of discoverable devices I already turned on my headphones before...
  8. Pairing Sony WH-1000XM4 with Surface Laptop 3

Pairing Sony WH-1000XM4 with Surface Laptop 3: Hi Gentlemen,I bought a Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones and I'm trying to pairing it with my surface laptop 3 with no luck. When I click on Bluetooth the add device its keep loading and searching with no result of discoverable devices I already turned on my headphones before...
  9. WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing: Is there a good way to force driver updates and fixes? I have my Sony headset and it keeps switching to hands free AG... I tried restarting, uninstalling, using the run commands to look for messed up drivers, blocking hands free ag(which then blocks the headset from any...
  10. Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4: I've recently bought a pair of Sony's WH-1000xM4 headphones to use with my Surface Pro X. I have managed to pair them using bluetooth and can get the sound output to work properly, but I can't seem to get them to work as an input device. The option exists to select them as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony wh-1000xm4 windows 10 sound quality

2. wh 1000 xm4 bt windows