Windows 10: Bluetooth sounding horrible

Discus and support Bluetooth sounding horrible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello i have had this issue for some time now. i realized it at first when i played games with my controller via bluetooth it would make my pc run like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jakelegro, Dec 27, 2020.

1. jakelegro Win User

Bluetooth sounding horrible

Hello i have had this issue for some time now. i realized it at first when i played games with my controller via bluetooth it would make my pc run like garbage and end up crashing the game, then i really noticed it when i tried to use my airpods with it and they dont play sound half the time and when the do play sound the other time the sound like garbage. i mean its terrible totally inaudible. i have rog strix board with build in bluetooth so its not over a dongle or anything. if you could tell me what to do it would be fabulous.

Just a fyi i have tried every internet solution with no success.

:)

jakelegro, Dec 27, 2020

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 27, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Bluetooth sounding horrible :p

cadaveca, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Bluetooth sounding horrible

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the required information to suggest you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. What is the model number of the Bluetooth speaker?
    2. Have you tried connecting the Bluetooth speakers on different computer?

Please try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1

Check the Bluetooth support Service

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R. This should open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
    3. Once you’ve got the Services window up, look for the
      Bluetooth support service and double-click it.
    4. From the drop-down menu, select Automatic.
    5. Now launch the Bluetooth support service by clicking the Start button.
    6. Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply
      and OK.

Method 2

Use the troubleshooter for playing audio

1. To access this, follow these instructions.
    2. Go to the taskbar and click the Search icon.
    3. Type “audio playback” inside the box, then select ‘Find and fix audio playback
      problems’. This should open the Audio Playback troubleshooter.
    4. Click Next. The troubleshooter will now find and repair audio playback issues

Method 3

Resetting your default playback device

1. Right-click the Sound icon on the taskbar, then choose Sounds from the list.
    2. Once the Sound window is up, go to the
      Playback tab.
    3. You will see a list of audio devices. Click the Bluetooth speakers you paired with your computer.
    4. After that, set the Bluetooth speakers as your default playback device. You can do this by pressing the
      Set Default button.
    5. Save the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply, then pressing OK.

You may also refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth sounding horrible

1. Bluetooth sounding horrible - Similar Threads - Bluetooth sounding horrible

2. Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.: Dell Inspiron 16 PLUS 7630Windows 11 23H2Build Number: 22631.2715Realtek Driver Version: 6.0.9514.1 -- 5/9/2023Audio sounds like garbage though my headphone hack. I have external speakers hooked up to the headphone jack. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is if I do...
  3. taskbar is horrible

taskbar is horrible: I fight with the taskbar every day. Whoever decided to force the taskbar on the screen should be fired. Every time a window opens in the background, I have to find where it is in order to use anything at the bottom of the screen like printing. Even when I could care less...
  4. Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.: Hiya, whenever I use the recording features of Xbox Game Bar within games, a loud buzzing sound is recorded. This doesn't occur with non-Steam games, as far as I know. I've seen other threads from users having similar issues, but the suggested fixes haven't been much...
  5. Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.

Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.: Hiya, whenever I use the recording features of Xbox Game Bar within games, a loud buzzing sound is recorded. This doesn't occur with non-Steam games, as far as I know. I've seen other threads from users having similar issues, but the suggested fixes haven't been much...
  6. Horrible sound with my bluetooth earphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horrible sound with my bluetooth earphones: Hi, I'm having some issues with my Cambridge Audio Melomania 1. When connected I have the option to set audio output to 'Headphones' or 'Headset'. Now if set it to 'Headset' all audio gets kind off muffled and pretty bad, but only then the microphone of the earphones will...
  7. THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE: When i tried the windows 10 dark theme, my normal edge icon turned into this monstrosity [ATTACH] It's gone now, but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-looks-horrible/78639924-b82a-4e93-87ff-0aee08cec56b
  8. Sound degrades horribly when Hey Cortana is turned on

in Cortana
    Sound degrades horribly when Hey Cortana is turned on: Bought a new Dell G5 15 3590 "budget gaming" laptop. Whenever "Hey cortana" feature is turned on, the sound starts clipping / crackling badly. Sounds horrible. As of this writing, the laptop is on Windows 10, fully updated, fresh bios, fresh drivers from Dell update...
  9. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  10. I cannot choose "bluetooth headphone STEREO" and am stuck with the horrible sounding...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot choose "bluetooth headphone STEREO" and am stuck with the horrible sounding...: Ok, I go to playback devices and the akg y50bt HANDSFREE is selected I press y50bt STEREO and choose connect Nothing happens. What can I do? Why is the horrible reception phone call sounding option the default and the only thing that works in win10? I was able to...