Windows 10: Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled...

Discus and support Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So with Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9350, I got a JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker. It hooks up, works fine, but at some point, the two stop connecting. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Another John M, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled...

So with Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9350, I got a JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker. It hooks up, works fine, but at some point, the two stop connecting. At first, I could only get it to work as a headset terrible sound but then reinstalled drivers and got it to work as an external speaker. It has worked fine, but after a while, it will connect, but I cannot change to use it as a speaker. That is, if I open SOUND SETTINGS it does not appear on the CHOOSE YOUR OUTPUT DEVICE pull down. But it says that it is connected, and it is connected as an external speaker without a display screen. The computer has had this trouble with other bluetooth speakers, and my phone has no trouble connecting to the Flip and staying connected. I have reinstalled the drivers, restarted, disabled the LE enumerator, and here's the thing: if I walk through several things, and restart, eventually it will work for a while, until the computer sleeps or hibernates or otherwise the connection is stopped, and then it's back to the way it was. So my problem isnt getting it to work, it's keeping it working so that I dont spend 15 minutes each time I want to use it! Thanks!

:)

Another John M, Jan 12, 2020

2. Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output

I have a Insignia NS-SB216 soundbar. This morning it was connected and working fine. Then for whatever reason my PC crashed and I had to restart. Now the soundbar is connected but it doesn't appear as a sound output device so I have no sound. How can it
    be connected but not be selectable as an output? Instead I have "streaming microphones" and the monitor listed (the latter doesn't even have speakers). I have turned Bluetooth off and on and removed the device completely and reconnected. It's still connected
    but no matter what I do it will not be listed as an output device. Now I have no sound due to a random crash.

Starwind Amada, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... :(

Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled...

Adding an output device

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your pc prior to this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the Bluetooth Speaker?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below, to fix issues with Bluetooth speaker and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try the following steps, to add and use Bluetooth device on your computer.
    Refer the following article for steps to connect Bluetooth device.

Method 2: Set Bluetooth speaker as
    Default Playback device
    . Refer the following article under
    set default device
    and check if that helps.

Method 3: If you are still facing issues with getting audio output from your Bluetooth speaker, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to
    fix Bluetooth problems
    on your pc.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled...

1. Bluetooth Speaker Connected But Doesnt Appear as Output Device and YES I reinstalled... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Speaker Connected

2. My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device": Have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, nothing.PC Levnovo thinkpad, windows 11 is registering a connection, speakers are registering a connection, but when I go to select an output device, the speakers are not listed - just the PC speakers. Not sure if this...
  3. My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth is connecting fine, but the speakers are not showing upder "output device": Have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, nothing.PC Levnovo thinkpad, windows 11 is registering a connection, speakers are registering a connection, but when I go to select an output device, the speakers are not listed - just the PC speakers. Not sure if this...
  4. Connected Bluetooth device without output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected Bluetooth device without output: Hey,I'm trying a wireless Bluetooth audio device for my pc but I'm getting lots of issues like not seeing its name in troubleshoot area when its connected or in the "Devices and Printers" area its marked as in progress setup and sometimes I'm getting "setup blocked by group...
  5. Connected Bluetooth device without output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected Bluetooth device without output: Hey,I'm trying a wireless Bluetooth audio device for my pc but I'm getting lots of issues like not seeing its name in troubleshoot area when its connected or in the "Devices and Printers" area its marked as in progress setup and sometimes I'm getting "setup blocked by group...
  6. Connected Bluetooth device without output

7. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  8. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  9. My Bluetooth sound device is connected, but it does't appeared on the output. However it is...

My Bluetooth sound device is connected, but it does't appeared on the output. However it is...: I have connected my sound device LG CM4350 to my laptop HP Elitebook 840 G5 through Bluetooth. But the sound is still on the laptop. When I go to Bluetooth setting, it says connected but when I go to Sounds setting is not there, even when I try to change the output sound,...
  10. Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output

Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output: I have a Insignia NS-SB216 soundbar. This morning it was connected and working fine. Then for whatever reason my PC crashed and I had to restart. Now the soundbar is connected but it doesn't appear as a sound output device so I have no sound. How can it be connected but not...