Windows 10: Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Discus and support Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremy_Bar, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device, even when they are connected to Bluetooth. I have tried:- Using the Gravastar speaker on my iPhone and Macbook Pro, which works just fine- Other Bluetooth speakers Oontz Angle 3 DS98 and they connect and play sound just fine.- Updating my Bluetooth & Audio drivers.- Using the "playing audio" Troubleshooter and selectin

:)

Jeremy_Bar, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device :(

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output

I have a Insignia NS-SB216 soundbar. This morning it was connected and working fine. Then for whatever reason my PC crashed and I had to restart. Now the soundbar is connected but it doesn't appear as a sound output device so I have no sound. How can it
    be connected but not be selectable as an output? Instead I have "streaming microphones" and the monitor listed (the latter doesn't even have speakers). I have turned Bluetooth off and on and removed the device completely and reconnected. It's still connected
    but no matter what I do it will not be listed as an output device. Now I have no sound due to a random crash.

Starwind Amada, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Blaelph Win User

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Bluetooth Speaker No sound Issues

Since you seem to be able to connect to the speaker via bluetooth, the next thing I would check is what Audio Playback device is set as the default. To check this, navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound and you will see a box that looks like this:

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device l5U66.png

You should see the connected bluetooth speaker listed on the playback device list. Right click on the device and select "Set as default device". You can also right click the device and select "test" to send a test chime to the speaker. If you right click the device and select "Properties", there may be a tab for "Levels" which allows you to set the volume output from the computer (not sure whether bluetooth devices have this option). Lastly, ensure the volume on the speaker itself is loud enough to hear.

Blaelph, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

1. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Speaker connected

2. Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11: When attempting to connect my Vizio Bluetooth speaker to my computer, the pairing process is successful. However, despite being paired, the audio continues to play through the computer's built-in speakers instead of the connected Bluetooth speakers. Notably, the Bluetooth...
  3. Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11: When attempting to connect my Vizio Bluetooth speaker to my computer, the pairing process is successful. However, despite being paired, the audio continues to play through the computer's built-in speakers instead of the connected Bluetooth speakers. Notably, the Bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output

Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output: My Bluetooth earphone was connected to the Windows 11 laptop, the device was listed in the Bluetooth device list, and it was listed in the sound device list, but it was not listed in the sound output quick menu. So I can't use the Bluetooth device as a sound output device....
  5. Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output: My Bluetooth earphone was connected to the Windows 11 laptop, the device was listed in the Bluetooth device list, and it was listed in the sound device list, but it was not listed in the sound output quick menu. So I can't use the Bluetooth device as a sound output device....
  6. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  7. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

Cant find sound device in the sound output list: Hi!I recently stumbled upon a weird thing with my windows user. I can no longer see my sound device on the "sound output list" or whatever its called. I tried multiple things to solve it like for example going through the control panel and the device manager but i could not...
  8. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find sound device in the sound output list: Hi!I recently stumbled upon a weird thing with my windows user. I can no longer see my sound device on the "sound output list" or whatever its called. I tried multiple things to solve it like for example going through the control panel and the device manager but i could not...
  9. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices: I’m using Creative T15 wireless bluetooth speakers. Recently they’ve stopped working with my laptop after a minor windows update on 16 Aug. Now my bluetooth settings will reflect that my speakers are connected but they’re not listed under audio devices like they usually do,...