Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth speaker displays as 2 devices when connected via bluetooth, Headphones Anker SoundCore Stereo and Headset Anker SoundCore Hands-Free AG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkyeLarren, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

My bluetooth speaker displays as 2 devices when connected via bluetooth, Headphones Anker SoundCore Stereo and Headset Anker SoundCore Hands-Free AG Audio. Only the Headset option works and it plays the audio in very low quality. Selecting the Headphones option plays no audio at all, even when volume and device volume is at max.

I have tried uninstalling the device but the issue persists. The speakers work fine on any other device.

:)

SkyeLarren, Dec 30, 2019

2. BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS WILL NOT WORK ON MY LAPTOP IT WILL RECOGNIZE DEVICE BUT WONT CONNECT

Thank you for getting back to us. To resolved this, we recommend trying the steps below:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click) Volume , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

If the issue persists, you may also want to visit this article and follow the
    troubleshooting steps provided there. Let us know if it makes any difference.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

A possible solution to Bluetooth speaker playback issueBluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio. :) I tried all the steps listed in several posting forums with no success. I finally found a solution after 3 hours of investigating. 1st several forums suggest updating drivers... but do not specify which drivers to update i.e. the Bluetooth device? (eg. bose audio, sony driver for sony Bluetooth headphones etc.), or the windows driver?

*** For me the solution was updating the Bluetooth driver from LENOVO's website (the laptop/computer manufacture's website) once the driver was installed the bluetooth playback through BOSE Bluetooth audio adaptor worked perfectly.

I understand not everyone will have a LENOVO laptop/computer however I think it is worth downloading the latest Bluetooth driver from the device you are streaming from.

Hope this helps!

Bluetooth Dude123, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the required information to suggest you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. What is the model number of the Bluetooth speaker?
    2. Have you tried connecting the Bluetooth speakers on different computer?

Please try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1

Check the Bluetooth support Service

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R. This should open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
    3. Once you’ve got the Services window up, look for the
      Bluetooth support service and double-click it.
    4. From the drop-down menu, select Automatic.
    5. Now launch the Bluetooth support service by clicking the Start button.
    6. Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply
      and OK.

Method 2

Use the troubleshooter for playing audio

1. To access this, follow these instructions.
    2. Go to the taskbar and click the Search icon.
    3. Type “audio playback” inside the box, then select ‘Find and fix audio playback
      problems’. This should open the Audio Playback troubleshooter.
    4. Click Next. The troubleshooter will now find and repair audio playback issues

Method 3

Resetting your default playback device

1. Right-click the Sound icon on the taskbar, then choose Sounds from the list.
    2. Once the Sound window is up, go to the
      Playback tab.
    3. You will see a list of audio devices. Click the Bluetooth speakers you paired with your computer.
    4. After that, set the Bluetooth speakers as your default playback device. You can do this by pressing the
      Set Default button.
    5. Save the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply, then pressing OK.

You may also refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

1. Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker displays

2. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  5. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  6. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  7. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device: I've scoured countless existing articles on this subject and it seems like only a few people have had their problem resolved.I am using a Lenovo laptop with intel core i7; it's a fairly modern spec'd computer.Trying to connect to LG4550 external bluetooth speakersLaptop...
  8. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device: I've scoured countless existing articles on this subject and it seems like only a few people have had their problem resolved.I am using a Lenovo laptop with intel core i7; it's a fairly modern spec'd computer.Trying to connect to LG4550 external bluetooth speakersLaptop...
  9. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Audio to 2 Bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio to 2 Bluetooth speakers: How can you have the audio be transmitted to two Bluetooth (4.0) speakers? Both speakers show up in Windows and I can switch between the 2 easily but can't get the sound on both at the same time. I found two solutions online: 1) to use the Stereo Mix but that didn't work at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bt-606 hands-freeagaudio