Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes.

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm connected to an Echo device via bluetooth to play music. No matter if I am using WMP or VLC, about 50% of the time that an MP3 ends and another one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveEv, Aug 22, 2020.

1. DaveEv Win User

Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes.

I'm connected to an Echo device via bluetooth to play music. No matter if I am using WMP or VLC, about 50% of the time that an MP3 ends and another one starts there is no sound at all.

If I disconnect Bluetooth, music is played 100% of the time.

I reconnect bluetooth mid track and music plays no problem.

Again, when the next track comes along, there is a 50/50 chance it will play or not.

The progress bar will continue for the duration of the song, but nothing. If I leave it, then when that one ends, in silence throughout, again there is a 50/50 chance the next one will play.

to reiterate, it makes no difference which player I use, and there is no problem with the songs, they all play when simply using laptop speakers.

Any help appreciated.

:)

DaveEv, Aug 22, 2020
  2. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. :(

Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth speaker doesnt play when music track changes. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker doesnt

2. Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?: Not sure if this is a weird idea, but I personally would find it great if the sound would come from the Bluetooth speaker, after connecting to one. That is the reason, why I got those speakers in the first place. Not sure, why windows 11 keeps playing music from the notebook...
  3. Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?: Not sure if this is a weird idea, but I personally would find it great if the sound would come from the Bluetooth speaker, after connecting to one. That is the reason, why I got those speakers in the first place. Not sure, why windows 11 keeps playing music from the notebook...
  4. Bluetooth speaker only plays music, no other sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker only plays music, no other sounds: I want to play all the laptop sounds through my bluetooth speaker - alerts, Cubase mixes, BBC Sounds, Youtube, everything. My Bluetooth speaker only connects "Connected Music" and will ONLY play audio from the MediaPlayer or iTunes or Quicktime. Nothing else. How can I...
  5. Bluetooth paired but doesnt play. Bose external speaker

Bluetooth paired but doesnt play. Bose external speaker: Bluetooth paired but doesnt play. Bose external speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-paired-but-doesnt-play-bose-external/939450b3-c213-4180-a07d-aacd4792b0e5
  6. music doesnt play

in Windows 10 Customization
    music doesnt play: don't know what the problem is, checked all cables. It doesn't play sound when testing the audio card but nothing else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-doesnt-play/c78a95bc-c080-4294-bdd8-e577ba363064
  7. play music thru bluetooth speaker

play music thru bluetooth speaker: i have paired my bluetooth speaker, and it plays sounds from the computer (on/off etc) but does not play my music. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/play-music-thru-bluetooth-speaker/7168ed48-7675-4ca2-834a-705cb77ec6ed
  8. bluetooth external speaker won't play music

bluetooth external speaker won't play music: hi, i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8. it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used. when i try to choose...
  9. music track

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    music track: am I wasting my time,.??.second attempt..HAVE DOWNLOADED MUSIC TRACK FROM ''FRIARS POINT''..called ''BOOM BOOM BOOM''..you've answered..!!...HOW DO I OPEN ANSWERE'S..to get to the PROBLEM..? (( am unable to find this track on my PC??.)) were do I look for...
  10. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...