Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker not working after install of Cortana

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker not working after install of Cortana in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth speaker worked perfectly until I installed speech recognition. It actually worked for a little bit after that. I was listening to Amazon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark D13, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Mark D13 Win User

Bluetooth speaker not working after install of Cortana

My bluetooth speaker worked perfectly until I installed speech recognition. It actually worked for a little bit after that. I was listening to Amazon Music using Internet Explorer. Then I paused it, went to another tab on Internet Explorer and played a YouTube. The sound was coming through my internal speaker on my laptop. I could listen to the You Tube through my internal speaker and Amazon Music through my bluetooth speaker at the same time! This was very strange especially since both sites were being accessed through the same browser. It did not take long before I was unable to listen to anything at all through my bluetooth speaker. Now it says it is connected and I even hear the beep through the speaker when it "connects", but absolutely no other sounds. I can only listen to audio through my internal speaker. And yes I have tried switching to the speaker on the bottom right. The speaker and a bluetooth headset that also shows to be "connected", are both listed there along with the Realtek audio (internal speaker). But it does no good to select either of them, they will only show to be selected, sound only comes out of the internal speaker.

:)

Mark D13, Sep 11, 2019
  2. G. Meeker Win User

Cortana Bluetooth Speaker

I believe the problem is cortana is trying to use the bluetooth speaker as a mic.

- Click underneath Microphone (in Cortana settings) where it says Make Sure Cortana can hear me "Get Started".

- It will then have a Speech screen where it asks you to select the Device to troubleshoot.

- I changed from the non-existent mic in the bluetooth speaker to internal speaker in the tablet.

- Ran through the test.

Now Works!

I appreciate the suggestion on feedback for the bluetooth mic, but if they couldn't figure out why people need a bluetooth mic with a voice assistant it seems kind of an useless effort to submit feedback. This all use to work, kind of like submitting
    feedback to Chevy requesting that the include tires to come with the new trucks they are selling. (Please don't take this as your fault or anything)

G. Meeker, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 11, 2019
  4. G. Meeker Win User

Cortana Bluetooth Speaker

Since the beginning of the year, Cortana doesn't work with my Phillips Bluetooth speaker or Sony Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10. The speaker does not have a mic, the headphones do. Sometimes I am to trick the Windows 10 device into thinking the headphones
    don't have a mic and it will work for a time. As this appears to be something MS has done on purpose, as under the Cortana settings when connecting to either bluetooth device, "HEY Cortana switch is automatically switched to OFF state, and it says, "Hey
    Cortana turns off while you're using a bluetooth microphone."

There seems to be two issues:

1. Why doesn't Cortana work with a bluetooth mic?

2. Why does Cortana think my bluetooth Sony speaker has a mic?

Can anyone confirm whether this should be the case? Seems kind of silly to have voice assistance and no support for either bluetooth speakers or mics.

G. Meeker, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth speaker not working after install of Cortana - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker working

2. bluetooth speaker or headphone is not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth speaker or headphone is not working!: when my Bluetooth speaker is connected to my laptop there is no sound coming trough it and windows host process rundll32 is also using microphone...
  3. bluetooth speaker or headphone is not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth speaker or headphone is not working!: when my Bluetooth speaker is connected to my laptop there is no sound coming trough it and windows host process rundll32 is also using microphone...
  4. Bluetooth headset speaker not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset speaker not working: Hi there,I am experiencing some issues with my new headset JLAB Go Work. I connected the headset via bluetooth and afterwards I got the following devices:Speakers:- JLab GO Work Hands-Free AG Audio- JLab GO Work StereoMicrofone:- JLab GO Work Hands-Free AG AudioBasically all...
  5. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.

Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.: My speaker Bluetooth stopped working following an update and a restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-no-longer-working-after-restart/84c289ba-6498-464c-89e4-96a4365ad011
  6. Bluetooth speaker is not working properly

Bluetooth speaker is not working properly: Soo this just happened like a day ago and ive been trying to fix it myself but i cant find anyone with the same problem. soo my bluetooth speaker (jbl charge 4) is connected to my pc but the only sound it makes is from windows itself aka warnings and volume changing sound +...
  7. Cortana Invoke speaker not working

Cortana Invoke speaker not working: Recently I purchased Cortana Invoke for my pc, however when trying to pair it VIA Bluetooth to my pc. The issue is it pairs fine and is connected but in settings it is not connected under the audio it appears connected under other devices. I am unable to open sound settings...
  8. Bluetooth speakers are not working with PC

Bluetooth speakers are not working with PC: My Bluetooth speakers stopped working when connected to the PC. I didn’t have any problems a while ago. However, I cannot get any sound from them now. I checked my speakers (Naim Unity Atom) while connecting them to the other device and they are working so the problem is with...
  9. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....
  10. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....