Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, seeking assistance here. Suddenly my bluetooth speaker was not listed as an audio device in "Bluetooth & other devices" panel. It was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pacz87, May 15, 2022.

1. pacz87 Win User

Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device

Hi there, seeking assistance here. Suddenly my bluetooth speaker was not listed as an audio device in "Bluetooth & other devices" panel. It was working fine previously as audio playback for my windows 10 desktop. I have tried to reinstall the bluetooth drivers, unpair device and reconnect, on and off bluetooth but it is still not working. Anyone experienced the same thing and any idea how to solve this? Thank you.

:)

pacz87, May 15, 2022
  2. bro67 Win User

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Do they work if you connect them through BT with your cellphone or tablet? Google is your friend. Try the following. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...&v4h=winxptab1 Uninstall the driver that you installed. Windows 10 should load the correct driver when you plug the dongle into the computer. Check if the following settings for the Bluetooth speaker is enabled by default. If not, let’s enable it and check if it solves the issue.

You can follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth audio service:

a) Press Windows key + X key together and select Control Panel from the list.

b) Click on Hardware and Sound and select Devices and Printers.

c) In Devices and Printers, locate Bluetooth speaker device and Right Click on the device.

d) Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

e) Select “Audio Sink”, "Hands free Telephony" and "Remote Control".

f) Click on Apply.

bro67, May 15, 2022
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device :(

Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, May 15, 2022
  4. illusions Win User

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Hi guys..

Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive

I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker

My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add the NYNE REBEL speaker but its not listed on the "Select Playback Device" however when i right click the speaker icon and go to sounds/playback the NYNE REBEL says disconnected and i cant reconnect Even though on the bluetoorh settings page i says Paired....

Please help..

Ive tried the following so far..

Uninstalled The Bluetooth and nyne rebel driver restarted laptop and reinstalled both To no avail

I have gone to SERVICES and restarted "Bluetooth Support Service"

And i cant think of anything else

illusions, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker paired

2. Bluetooth Speakers listed as other devices instead of audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speakers listed as other devices instead of audio device.: Hi, I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect my Google Home to my Windows 10 PC. It can pair and connect, but gets listed under other devices instead of audio devices. Thus, I can't select my output device to be the Google Home speakers because it's not listed under sound...
  3. Bluetooth Speakers listed as other devices instead of audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Speakers listed as other devices instead of audio device.: Hi, I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect my Google Home to my Windows 10 PC. It can pair and connect, but gets listed under other devices instead of audio devices. Thus, I can't select my output device to be the Google Home speakers because it's not listed under sound...
  4. Bluetooth Speakers listed as other devices instead of audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth earphones listed as "unknown device" not as an audio device while trying to pair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphones listed as "unknown device" not as an audio device while trying to pair...: Hello,OS - WIN 11 PROVersion - 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hi, i am trying to pair my bluetooth earbuds with my pc but they show as unknown device and pairing is unsuccessful every time. Mu knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to pc issues so am sorry that i can't give any...
  6. Bluetooth earphones listed as "unknown device" not as an audio device while trying to pair...

Bluetooth earphones listed as "unknown device" not as an audio device while trying to pair...: Hello,OS - WIN 11 PROVersion - 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hi, i am trying to pair my bluetooth earbuds with my pc but they show as unknown device and pairing is unsuccessful every time. Mu knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to pc issues so am sorry that i can't give any...
  7. Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device: Hi there, seeking assistance here. Suddenly my bluetooth speaker was not listed as an audio device in "Bluetooth & other devices" panel. It was working fine previously as audio playback for my windows 10 desktop. I have tried to reinstall the bluetooth drivers, unpair device...
  8. Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device

Bluetooth speaker paired but not listed as an audio device: Hi there, seeking assistance here. Suddenly my bluetooth speaker was not listed as an audio device in "Bluetooth & other devices" panel. It was working fine previously as audio playback for my windows 10 desktop. I have tried to reinstall the bluetooth drivers, unpair device...
  9. Bluetooth Device pairs as headphones not as a speaker

Bluetooth Device pairs as headphones not as a speaker: My device is a Tronsmart Element Mega speaker. It pairs as headphones. How can I change this to work correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-pairs-as-headphones-not-as-a/cacbbbc3-4cea-41f3-89fc-8f888f825204
  10. Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices

Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices: I’m using Creative T15 wireless bluetooth speakers. Recently they’ve stopped working with my laptop after a minor windows update on 16 Aug. Now my bluetooth settings will reflect that my speakers are connected but they’re not listed under audio devices like they usually do,...