Windows 10: Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?

Discus and support Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth speaker on Win10. on the Bluetooth tab is connected but on the sound is always shown disconnected. I've used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tunaa_, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Tunaa_ Win User

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth speaker on Win10.
    on the Bluetooth tab is connected but on the sound is always shown disconnected.
    I've used the same bluetooth speaker on my laptop with windows 8 and it worked perfectly fine but it won't work recently after I've updated to windows10.

I've tried troubleshooting sound but it always ask me to plug in the speaker. Unfortunately is strictly a bluetooth speaker.. it cant really plug in..

Is there anyway to fix this? I really need to use a bluetooth speaker as my laptop's speaker ( hardware ) was removed by some unprofessional mechanic.

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? 09d573ab-653a-4371-bae8-5a9db878ca78?upload=true.png

:)

Tunaa_, Apr 22, 2019

2. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the required information to suggest you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. What is the model number of the Bluetooth speaker?
    2. Have you tried connecting the Bluetooth speakers on different computer?

Please try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1

Check the Bluetooth support Service

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+R. This should open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “services.msc” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
    3. Once you’ve got the Services window up, look for the
      Bluetooth support service and double-click it.
    4. From the drop-down menu, select Automatic.
    5. Now launch the Bluetooth support service by clicking the Start button.
    6. Confirm the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply
      and OK.

Method 2

Use the troubleshooter for playing audio

1. To access this, follow these instructions.
    2. Go to the taskbar and click the Search icon.
    3. Type “audio playback” inside the box, then select ‘Find and fix audio playback
      problems’. This should open the Audio Playback troubleshooter.
    4. Click Next. The troubleshooter will now find and repair audio playback issues

Method 3

Resetting your default playback device

1. Right-click the Sound icon on the taskbar, then choose Sounds from the list.
    2. Once the Sound window is up, go to the
      Playback tab.
    3. You will see a list of audio devices. Click the Bluetooth speakers you paired with your computer.
    4. After that, set the Bluetooth speakers as your default playback device. You can do this by pressing the
      Set Default button.
    5. Save the changes you’ve made by clicking
      Apply, then pressing OK.

You may also refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? :(

Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Braxho Win User

Bluetooth portable speakers are connected, but no sound.

After trying every suggested remedy I can find in these posts, I am still unable to get my Dell PC to play over my new JBL Bluetooth speakers. Briefly:

• speakers work OK with my android tablet. Tablet source has now been disconnected.
    • PC is Bluetooth enabled. Windows 10 Bluetooth software has been updated, mere minutes ago.
    • PC finds my speakers, correctly identifies them as Charge 2+, and tells me I am connected. My speakers, in turn, make an encouraging beepy sound as they presumably find my PC, but there is no sound.
    • I have disconnected and reconnected (un-paired and re-paired) my speakers several times with no result.
    • My 2-year old PC has no internal speakers. External speakers work correctly, and nothing is plugged into my headphone jack.
    The silence is deafening. Any help you can offer will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Braxho, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Speaker Sound

2. Problem with sound on speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with sound on speakers.: Hello,I have a problem, after installing a fresh Windows 11, I noticed that the sound from the speakers is lower than when using Windows 10.I was looking for a solution on my own, reinstalling the sound drivers ant nothing helped....
  3. Problem with sound on speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with sound on speakers.: Hello,I have a problem, after installing a fresh Windows 11, I noticed that the sound from the speakers is lower than when using Windows 10.I was looking for a solution on my own, reinstalling the sound drivers ant nothing helped....
  4. The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound: Hi, I have an Asus Bluetooth BT-400 USB adapter and I use it to connect the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1. Recently updated After Windows update to 21H1 they still pair but the sound started "flickering", I mean there are interruptions in the sound...
  5. Problem connecting to bluetooth sound speaker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem connecting to bluetooth sound speaker in Windows 10: Hello, I have a Fujitsu U7510 with Windows 10 20H2. I just bought a Anker Soundcore Flare 360º bluetooth sound speaker (https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Soundcore-Wireless-Waterproof/dp/B07BHP4W36) and I was able to connect my Android phone to the sound speaker...
  6. Bluetooth speaker not producing sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker not producing sound: I've been trying every fix i could find for the last few hours but nothing seems to help. Just got a new Bluetooth speaker and it works perfectly fine with my phone but when I connect it to my laptop it says "voice connected" as opposed to media/audio which it would have to...
  7. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  8. No sound from Bluetooth speakers

No sound from Bluetooth speakers: I have recently updated my system from 1803. To 1903 , however this version too is full of bugs(like 1809). I have got Philips BT50 Bluetooth speakers. When I tried to connect it in 1903, it gets connected, however no sound came from it. Methods tried: 1 reinstall the...
  9. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound: Request: Appreciate any ideas on solving this non-functional device situation. The subject computer is located in the pantry with a wall separating the kitchen desk where the monitors, keyboard/mouse and speakers are located. Hardwiring speakers/mic is not an option in...
  10. Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers: When I try to balance the sound from my left and right bluetooth speakers in sound settings, they increase/decrease simultaneously. It didn't happen before. I'm using Windows 10 pro. How to solve this issue?...