Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to connect an AUVIO PBT200 Bluetooth speaker to a Surface tablet running Windows 10. The PBT200 will pair with my Iphone so it's Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BostonTAT, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BostonTAT Win User

Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues

I am trying to connect an AUVIO PBT200 Bluetooth speaker to a Surface tablet running Windows 10. The PBT200 will pair with my Iphone so it's Bluetooth is working. The Surface however doesn't see the PBT The Surface action center lists the Bluetooth tile as NOT connected which I think means there is no current pairing. When I go into devices the Bluetooth devices list my Fitbit as paired to the surface. Any idea why the Fitbit will show up as paired and still have Windows list the Bluetooth as not connected and any idea why the PBT isn't being seen. Thanks.

:)

BostonTAT, Jul 3, 2020
  2. ducky01 Win User

Bluetooth speaker wont connect to laptop?

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do here, my Bluetooth speaker wont connect and isn't even discoverable by my laptop. i want to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop but when i go to Bluetooth settings my speaker does not show up on the list of devices. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers, i've reset the Bluetooth driver management service and Bluetooth support services but still nothing is working, any help would be much appreciated.

just in case you need to know the specs.
    speaker: Bush soundbar model-BSB02BT20
    laptop: Hp Elitebook 8470p running windows 10

please help!

ducky01, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues

Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues

1. Bluetooth speaker to Surface connection issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker Surface

2. Issues connecting Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues connecting Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth: Hello,Since a couples of week now I have issues connection my JBL Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth. I have a JBL TUNE660NC as headphones and JBL Flip Essential as speaker. I run Windows 10.I know that my devices are working because when I connect them to my smartphone or...
  3. Issues connecting Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues connecting Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth: Hello,Since a couples of week now I have issues connection my JBL Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth. I have a JBL TUNE660NC as headphones and JBL Flip Essential as speaker. I run Windows 10.I know that my devices are working because when I connect them to my smartphone or...
  4. Issues connecting Headphones and Speaker via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bluetooth connectivity issues with speakers and headsets

bluetooth connectivity issues with speakers and headsets: my hp x360 gets connected with my speakers but after 10 or so mins it gets disconnected and then it shows paired with no sound. it use to happen with my earbuds, i thought i had issues with buds, but then it still happens with my speakers. my windows are updated as well and i...
  6. bluetooth speaker connection

bluetooth speaker connection: I need to disconnect and reconnect my Bluetooth speaker every time to connect it when I turn it on: I doesn't connect automatically, even though it says "connected" in the device list. thanks....
  7. Bluetooth Speaker Connect

Bluetooth Speaker Connect: I'd like to connect my Surface Book to a Boom speaker via Bluetooth. I went to Settings/Bluetooth/Devices but the speaker did not show up. Is there another way to do this? thx...
  8. Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers

Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers: Hi, i have Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop my Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers but it is showing speaker Bluetooth name. When it try to connect it takes some time to connect to speakers but after some time in response i receivedCannot Connect Try Again so, this is going...
  9. connect a bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connect a bluetooth speaker: there is no connect box in my startup so I cannot use the info on windows 10 site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/connect-a-bluetooth-speaker/fc85bdd1-7395-4e44-bd79-4c05541a24a5
  10. Bluetooth speaker issues

Bluetooth speaker issues: So, whenever I connect my bluetooth speaker(HK Onyx Studio 3) to Windows 10 it displays that it is "Connected music" inside of the bluetooth settings, but when I go to change the volume, and test to see if the sound works, it'll switch which audio device I am outputting to...