Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on the Bluetooth speaker and my computer the speakers give an audio message "Bluetooth connected" but audio will only come from my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenfromChch, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

When I turn on the Bluetooth speaker and my computer the speakers give an audio message "Bluetooth connected" but audio will only come from my computer speakers.

The device is successfully added and shown with a blue tick when I right click on the Bluetooth icon and "Show Bluetooth devices".

I've checked Windows key>services.msc and Bluetooth Audio Gateway, support services and user services are shown only as "Trigger start", and I clicked start for all three, but there was no change.

I also looked at the driver in Device Manager but couldn't find how to uninstall it, as only remove device was an option. Should I do this?

Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance.

:)

StephenfromChch, Oct 12, 2020

2. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Oct 12, 2020
  3. ducky01 Win User
    Bluetooth speaker wont connect to laptop?

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do here, my Bluetooth speaker wont connect and isn't even discoverable by my laptop. i want to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop but when i go to Bluetooth settings my speaker does not show up on the list of devices. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers, i've reset the Bluetooth driver management service and Bluetooth support services but still nothing is working, any help would be much appreciated.

just in case you need to know the specs.
    speaker: Bush soundbar model-BSB02BT20
    laptop: Hp Elitebook 8470p running windows 10

please help!

ducky01, Oct 12, 2020
  4. silkmaze Win User

Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

1. Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker connect

2. Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?: Not sure if this is a weird idea, but I personally would find it great if the sound would come from the Bluetooth speaker, after connecting to one. That is the reason, why I got those speakers in the first place. Not sure, why windows 11 keeps playing music from the notebook...
  3. Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why not play music over the bluetooth speaker if connected to one?: Not sure if this is a weird idea, but I personally would find it great if the sound would come from the Bluetooth speaker, after connecting to one. That is the reason, why I got those speakers in the first place. Not sure, why windows 11 keeps playing music from the notebook...
  4. My computer connects to a bluetooth but it plays in the computer speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer connects to a bluetooth but it plays in the computer speaker.: My computer connects to my bluetooth device it only says "Paried". It doesn't even shows the speaker in the program sound, it only apperars the computer speaker. I already try with services, updating drivers. Now I don't know what to do....
  5. bluetooth speaker connection

bluetooth speaker connection: I need to disconnect and reconnect my Bluetooth speaker every time to connect it when I turn it on: I doesn't connect automatically, even though it says "connected" in the device list. thanks....
  6. Bluetooth Speaker Connect

Bluetooth Speaker Connect: I'd like to connect my Surface Book to a Boom speaker via Bluetooth. I went to Settings/Bluetooth/Devices but the speaker did not show up. Is there another way to do this? thx...
  7. Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers

Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers: Hi, i have Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop my Bluetooth is not connecting to speakers but it is showing speaker Bluetooth name. When it try to connect it takes some time to connect to speakers but after some time in response i receivedCannot Connect Try Again so, this is going...
  8. Bluetooth speaker Connected but Cant play because device is not plug in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speaker Connected but Cant play because device is not plug in: hello i having a problem with my speaker. my laptop is connected with my speaker device and i hear a beep but when i try to switch between my laptop speaker to my bluetooth speaker it have said dot and show device not plug.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers: My Bluetooth earbuds are powered on, paired and connected, but sound is still coming through speakers, not through earbuds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-connected-but-sound-still-plays-through/87f9fd2b-9923-4f53-bea8-93a8cd9dc089
  10. connect a bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connect a bluetooth speaker: there is no connect box in my startup so I cannot use the info on windows 10 site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/connect-a-bluetooth-speaker/fc85bdd1-7395-4e44-bd79-4c05541a24a5