Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuckAl, Aug 20, 2019.

1. LuckAl Win User

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

:)

LuckAl, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ruud Win User

Combined mic/speakers

I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic.

3. Why has bluetooth mic stopped working.

My Bluetooth mic has stopped working on my Windows 10 phone. The sound is connected OK but the mic won't work. I've tried resetting everything, disconnecting/reconnecting, rebooting but nothing seems to help. The windows phone uses its internal mic and
    ignores the Bluetooth mic. Anyone any suggestions?

StephenHurrell, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Thema:

1. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker mic

2. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  3. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  4. Bluetooth Earphone is Connected but Mic not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Earphone is Connected but Mic not working on Desktop: Hi, I'm having trouble using the mic on my Realme Buds Wireless Bluetooth Earphones with Mic while using them on my Windows 10 desktop. I've plugged in a Bluetooth dongle receiver so that it can receive Bluetooth from my earphones, and I can listen to music just fine, but I...
  5. Bluetooth Earphone is Connected but Mic not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Earphone is Connected but Mic not working on Desktop: Hi, I'm having trouble using the mic on my Realme Buds Wireless Bluetooth Earphones with Mic while using them on my Windows 10 desktop. I've plugged in a Bluetooth dongle receiver so that it can receive Bluetooth from my earphones, and I can listen to music just fine, but I...
  6. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  7. Fail to connect the mic, speaker is connected

Fail to connect the mic, speaker is connected: Hi all, I have bought a "One Plus wireless bullet Z" for zoom classes. It was working just fine few days ago both mic and speaker was connected. But now both things only work when when it is connected to a phone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop....
  8. Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working: I am going to keep it short. When I go into settings and try to troubleshoot my mic or my headset, a pop up opens with the message "Windows cannot access the specified divide, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This is my personal...
  9. Mic / Speakers not working!

Mic / Speakers not working!: Hey guys, I have a very weird problem with my speakers and microphone. I try to describe it as detailed as possible: Yesterday evening around 8 PM GMT +1 I was recording my voice through Audacity and listened to it. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that I started...
  10. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...