Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roberto Cuozzo, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both work on 2.4, but i noticed that if i tried to connect the same speaker to my iphone, the audio would work without a single problem. A month ago i tried to connect the speaker to my new Windows PC and in that moment i realised that my speaker works on 2 channels, the first is the stereo and the other is the handsfree ch

:)

Roberto Cuozzo, Jun 27, 2022

2. Bluetooth handsfree better quality

Short:

No

Long:

There are so called Profiles in Bluetooth, and only one can be active at a time.

A2DP supports one-way HQ audio.

HSP/HFP support two-way audio, but only with very poor quality (HFP 1.6 added mSBC, which is a 16kHz mono codec, before, it was even worse).

(ref http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answe...-quality-audio-microphone-simultaneously.html)

(I added the same answer to both Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound and Bluetooth handsfree better quality because they are found using google.)

Lukas Rieger, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

thanks for @Maximus2016 on the
    lenovo support forums
    I've fixed my problem!

• Right click the speaker icon in the system tray by the clock
      • Click 'Playback devices'
    • Change the default to the 'headphones'

the lenovo support link has screen shots, fyi.

"Some bluetooth devices have
    2 modes: Regular listening device and a "handsfree" mode where you can use both the audio and microphone. If you somehow got switched to
    handsfree mode, then the audio quality will be much worse since some of the
    bluetooth bandwidth will be taken up for the microphone."

Mike DePouw, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads to intolerable sound quality.

I have a couple of bluetooth speakers that I use for sound on my PC. As of the latest update that came in a couple of weeks ago, I am completely unable to use those, because whatever bluetooth speaker I connect to my PC is identified as a handsfree headphone.
    In the bluetooth settings it also says "voice connected", whereas previously it would say "sound and voice connected". If I try to play sound through the device connected in this way (shows up as, for example, "JBL GO wireless headphone" I get the very low
    quality sound similar to what you get when receiving phone calls.

The issue happens only with my windows 10 computer, the speakers work perfectly well with my Macbook and android phone. Sound through wired headphones works just fine.

So far I tried:

Updating and deleting the drivers.

Restarting the PC.

Reconnecting the devices.

Unpairing/pairing the devices.

Using sound settings to untick the "use as handsfree" box (that leads to device getting unpaired and in the bluetooth settings it says "driver error".

Searching for appropriate drivers online (there are none, I think the devices are supposed to be used with windows built-in drivers, which for whatever reason are not used anymore with my devices).

Models of the speakers:

JBL GO

Dockin D fine+

Please help

YOUNG_BLIN, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

1. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker Handsfree

2. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Bluetooth low quality microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  5. Bluetooth low quality microphone

Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  6. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  7. Bluetooth Handsfree earphones mic not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree earphones mic not working.: Hello so I have bluetooth earphones with a mic and tested on Windows works fine. For some reason they not working in Gears 5 I can hear people through the earphones but they can not hear me. All my privacy is setup correctly and when Gears loads up Windows shows Gears using...
  8. bluetooth speakers only work as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth speakers only work as headphones: AKAI HT014A-5086F bluetooth 5.1 speakers only work as headphones. Is there some software required to get them to work as speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speakers-only-work-as-headphones/f8b11495-3d92-4237-8aeb-3fdce0c5355c
  9. Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.: My bluetooth speaker displays as 2 devices when connected via bluetooth, Headphones Anker SoundCore Stereo and Headset Anker SoundCore Hands-Free AG Audio. Only the Headset option works and it plays the audio in very low quality. Selecting the Headphones option plays no audio...
  10. Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work

Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work: My microphone doesnt works. Whenh I pair this: [ATTACH] The sound window is shown as that: [ATTACH] Phone and microphone doesnt works. Then when I disable the Handsfree, just the phone works. Then, I conect the Handsfree again, it stop to work again. Sometimes, when...