Windows 10: Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads...

Discus and support Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a couple of bluetooth speakers that I use for sound on my PC. As of the latest update that came in a couple of weeks ago, I am completely unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YOUNG_BLIN, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads...

I have a couple of bluetooth speakers that I use for sound on my PC. As of the latest update that came in a couple of weeks ago, I am completely unable to use those, because whatever bluetooth speaker I connect to my PC is identified as a handsfree headphone. In the bluetooth settings it also says "voice connected", whereas previously it would say "sound and voice connected". If I try to play sound through the device connected in this way (shows up as, for example, "JBL GO wireless headphone" I get the very low quality sound similar to what you get when receiving phone calls.
    The issue happens only with my windows 10 computer, the speakers work perfectly well with my Macbook and android phone. Sound through wired headphones works just fine.

So far I tried:

Updating and deleting the drivers.

Restarting the PC.

Reconnecting the devices.

Unpairing/pairing the devices.

Using sound settings to untick the "use as handsfree" box (that leads to device getting unpaired and in the bluetooth settings it says "driver error".

Searching for appropriate drivers online (there are none, I think the devices are supposed to be used with windows built-in drivers, which for whatever reason are not used anymore with my devices).

Models of the speakers:

JBL GO

Dockin D fine+

Please help

:)

YOUNG_BLIN, Sep 5, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Sep 5, 2019
  4. JoeShades Win User

Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads...

Bluetooth headphones

I bought these headphones Amazon.com: Matone® Qy8 [New Version Qy7] V4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone for Running, Sports Accessories. I connected them fine to my Iphone and Ipod but having problems with Windows I got them to pair but sound still comes through regular speakers only. In sound settings it lists the bluetooth headphones but says disconnected. I click on connect but that does nothing. Do not know what else to do

JoeShades, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads...

1. Bluetooth speakers get identified as handsfree headphones after a recent update, that leads... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speakers identified

2. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  3. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  4. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.: Hi! Yesterday I bought a new headset, but when I tried plugging it into my Rog G14 2020, it recognizes it as a speaker. I have been looking for a solution, and everywhere I look, they say I can change it from the Realtek Hd audio driver, but my pc doesn't have it. Instead, it...
  5. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.: Hi! Yesterday I bought a new headset, but when I tried plugging it into my Rog G14 2020, it recognizes it as a speaker. I have been looking for a solution, and everywhere I look, they say I can change it from the Realtek Hd audio driver, but my pc doesn't have it. Instead, it...
  6. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  8. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  9. Bluetooth speakers get identified as headphones and leads to intolerable sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speakers get identified as headphones and leads to intolerable sound quality: After I connect the bluetooth speakerTribit thunderbox plus, it showns up in my laptopDell inspiron 15 3000 as headphones and the sound output could be said as low quality. The speaker is performing well when connected using phone device....
  10. Bluetooth speakers get identified as headphones and leads to intolerable sound quality

Bluetooth speakers get identified as headphones and leads to intolerable sound quality: After I connect the bluetooth speakerTribit thunderbox plus, it showns up in my laptopDell inspiron 15 3000 as headphones and the sound output could be said as low quality. The speaker is performing well when connected using phone device....