Windows 10: Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Discus and support Bluetooth stereo and hands free in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xcPV, Jun 9, 2020.

1. xcPV Win User

Bluetooth stereo and hands free

okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone into two profiles one as a bluetooth headphone which allows me to hear audio fine and the other profile is bluetooth headset which allows me to use the mic but sound quality of the headphones becomes extremely bad and I think the mic quality is also affected why can't my headphone be used as both the stereo profile so I can get good audio and at the same time be able to use my mic without having bad audio quality is there a way to do this because this is really frustrating because all I want is to be able to have both the ability to have good sound quality and be able to use my mic at the same time

:)

xcPV, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Zhiar Win User

Bluetooth Headset - Windows 10 - appearing as Bluetooth hands-free

I recently bough the following product from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019ZEHA36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Essentially it works in terms of connecting etc and bonding via Bluetooth.

The issue lies with windows picking this up as a Bluetooth hands-free device, see icon below.
    Hands-free ICON

This I think is part of the problem, furthermore, under sound control there is the following options, Stereo and Hands-free.
    Playback devices

Please for the time being ignore that the headset is disconnected.

Under recording devices its the following: Recording devices

Putting all of this together I have the following options:

• use the Handsfree option but suffer with low quality sound through headset (channel 1)
    • Use the Stereo as default - which means good quality sound (channel 2) - but also means that the device no longer has any Mic associated with it.

Furthermore, searching across the web, it was noted to disable hands free "under services, under device manager". However this just means that it defaults to the Stereo every time and the hands free (which includes a Mic) does not work.

I have also connected a USB blutooth device (running V10) as supposed to the internal, but still not luck. I have re-installed the device multiple times with reboots and removing it from devices.

Please can someone help here with any suggestion, I am very close to just returning this item as its not working properly...

Zhiar, Jun 9, 2020
  3. e65 and stereo bluetooth

I really like the look of this phone as it is a step up from my 6233 which has been a great phone.

The big disappointment with the 6233 was the lack of stereo bluetooth support.

As the E65 support BT 1.2 I assume it supports bluetooth stereo and that I can use the Nokia or other BT stereo headsets.

Can anyone confirm this is the case? Also, what, if any, pitfalls are there in the E65 BT stereo support?

TIA

LouisB

biglouis---01, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation.

Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default sound device. In the Bluetooth settings it would show connected as voice and music.

Now in the sound control panel, only the hands free AG shows up, and only voice in the Bluetooth settings.

I guess I understand the hands-free mode is meant for phone calls, and the audio sounds awful for anything else.

What changed?

I've tried extensive googling, but can't find a solution to this specific problem.

MEOW6666666, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth stereo and hands free

1. Bluetooth stereo and hands free - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stereo hands

2. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  3. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  4. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: See a LOT of searches on various sites, including here, related to people who want to use their Bluetooth headphones, get stereo sound when using their applications Teams, Discord, etc . AND the Mic from their headphones. Without using a cord between the bluetooth headset and...
  6. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: See a LOT of searches on various sites, including here, related to people who want to use their Bluetooth headphones, get stereo sound when using their applications Teams, Discord, etc . AND the Mic from their headphones. Without using a cord between the bluetooth headset and...
  7. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: I'm trying to use my bluetooth headphones, Sony WH-1000xm3's, and when paired with my laptop running windows 10, it gives me 2 options for audio: Hands-Free AG and Stereo, as well as 1 option for the microphone: AG Hands-Free. The issue arises when the AG Hands-free option...
  8. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: I'm trying to use my bluetooth headphones, Sony WH-1000xm3's, and when paired with my laptop running windows 10, it gives me 2 options for audio: Hands-Free AG and Stereo, as well as 1 option for the microphone: AG Hands-Free. The issue arises when the AG Hands-free option...
  9. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

10. Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo: I recently purchased a new Bluetooth earbud, works great on phone but when i connect it to my windows 10 laptop, it connects them as hands free only, in bluetooth setting it shows "connected, voice", i have a bluetooth headphone it works fine and it shows "connected, music"...