Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared.

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It was working on Thursday, then i went to use a bluetooth headset last night and it won't connect so i did some looking and there was no option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonL23, Dec 22, 2018.

1. JonL23 Win User

Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared.

It was working on Thursday, then i went to use a bluetooth headset last night and it won't connect so i did some looking and there was no option to turn BT on or off. I checked Device Manager and it did have a yellow triangle so i let Windows update DL the driver but it didnt work so i uninstalled and installed the driver from Dells site twice after the second time and restarting nothing shows. Although i can turn wifi on and off.

:)

JonL23, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Logos A Win User

Bluetooth was working fine. Then it stopped working. The bluetooth option disappeared in settings,and in device manager

Original Title: Windows 10 Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth was working fine. Then it stopped working. The bluetooth option disappeared in settings,and in device manager. Ive done all troubleshooting techniques How do I turn it on again?

Logos A, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Bluetooth disappeared

Hi Jenny,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

• Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

• Does the Bluetooth disappeared after you have started to use Wacom Bluetooth keyboard?
    Note:

• In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

• To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press
      Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows + R
      keys on the keyboard, type services.msc
      and press OK.

• Now, find Bluetooth Support Service
      and start it

• Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
      set the startup type as Automatic.
    Step 2:

Follow the steps to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared.

Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared.

1. Bluetooth stopped working and just disappeared. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. My Bluetooth Randomly Disappeared and Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth Randomly Disappeared and Stopped Working: One day my Bluetooth randomly stopped working and disappeared. If I try to connect a Bluetooth device, it instantly says "Couldn't Connect", the Bluetooth troubleshooter says that my device doesn't have Bluetooth when I know it does and my BIOS says that Bluetooth is...
  3. Bluetooth Capability just disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Capability just disappeared: Hi! Suddenly, the toggle on/off option for Bluetooth disappeared. I am using a Acer Nitro 5.I was just watching a Youtube video with bluetooth headphone when suddenly my device crashed and then upon restart the Bluetooth option is simply gone. On running the troubleshooter, I...
  4. Bluetooth Capability just disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Capability just disappeared: Hi! Suddenly, the toggle on/off option for Bluetooth disappeared. I am using a Acer Nitro 5.I was just watching a Youtube video with bluetooth headphone when suddenly my device crashed and then upon restart the Bluetooth option is simply gone. On running the troubleshooter, I...
  5. Bluetooth capabilities just... disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth capabilities just... disappeared?: Hi. I've recently reinstalled windows on my laptop, which is a HP spectre pro G1 2014. Before the reinstall, Bluetooth was working just fine, however after reinstalling windows, it just doesn't seem to exist? There is no bluetooth icon, however wifi is working just fine....
  6. Bluetooth capabilities just... disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth capabilities just... disappeared?: Hi. I've recently reinstalled windows on my laptop, which is a HP spectre pro G1 2014. Before the reinstall, Bluetooth was working just fine, however after reinstalling windows, it just doesn't seem to exist? There is no bluetooth icon, however wifi is working just fine....
  7. Bluetooth capabilities just... disappeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. bluetooth driver just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth driver just disappeared: was trying to pair a samsung phone to my computer so i could download some files off of phone .To say the least things were not going well at all it is an a 10e more than 9. not very compatible, any way I removed the device a few times because i could not get it to download...
  9. Bluetooth just disappeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth just disappeared?: submitted by /u/ItsEleven11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftvbju/bluetooth_just_disappeared/
  10. Bluetooth just randomly disappears?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth just randomly disappears?: Hi, I was on my laptop listening to music connected to my headphones through Bluetooth, and it just randomly cut off. Seeing this, I tried reconnecting and found out there was no longer an icon for Bluetooth devices in my taskbar. My device is an Acer Predator 15 My...