Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I turned on my PC (home computer, no restrictions from administrator) only to find that I was unable to connect to my Bluetooth devices. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Athletic_Seafood, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options

Yesterday I turned on my PC (home computer, no restrictions from administrator) only to find that I was unable to connect to my Bluetooth devices. I ran through several troubleshooting methods and nothing is working. I have tried:

• Turning on Bluetooth through the Action Center (icon doesn't even appear in the menu)
    • Running the troubleshooter (it said nothing was wrong)
    • Reinstalling the drivers
    • Updating the drivers through Windows Settings
    • Updating the drivers through the Device Manager
    • Rebooting the computer
    • Running the troubleshooter again (same response)
    • Updating Windows
    • Restarting the Bluetooth support service using win+R and services.msc command
    • Rebooting the computer again
    • Reinstalling the Bluetooth Adapter through the Device Manager
    • Rebooting the computer a few more times
    • Scanning for viruses

I'm currently pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong. Its been working completely fine throughout the entire time I've been using this computer, all the way up to yesterday. Its almost as if Bluetooth functionality has been completely disabled on my computer.

submitted by /u/Athletic_Seafood
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Athletic_Seafood, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

Hello, I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 hours.

Following the installation of NordVPN, my bluetooth abruptly stopped working. No devices will connect, nine devices are all listed as "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)". The bluetooth worked just fine previously, as
    it has for 3 years. I'm using Windows 10 32-bit. I've tried updating all of the drivers, deleting and reinstalling, nothing seems to help.

James Wilson 222, Aug 17, 2020
  4. nick255 Win User

Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options

1. Bluetooth stopped working, I tried everything and I'm out of options - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!: Hi, my Ctrl + V shortcut has suddenly stopped working.What works:L Ctrl: R Ctrl: C: V: L Ctrl + C: L Ctrl + V: R Ctrl + C: R Ctrl + V: L Ctrl + T, L Ctrl + R, L Ctrl + A, L Ctrl + X: I have tried L Ctrl + T, + R, + A, + X they work, therefore the L Ctrl key must NOT be...
  3. windows optional updates not working tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows optional updates not working tried everything: windows optional updates not working tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optional-updates-not-working-tried/ed7aaf31-7c75-429c-859b-ec5ff1c3049a
  4. windows optional updates not working tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows optional updates not working tried everything: windows optional updates not working tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optional-updates-not-working-tried/ed7aaf31-7c75-429c-859b-ec5ff1c3049a
  5. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  6. microsoft store stopped working i tried everything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store stopped working i tried everything: i bought minecraft on my microsoft store app it would not download so i restarted it on settings. when i tried opening microsoft store it would not open i looked every where and tried everything....
  7. Bluetooth stopped working out of the blue ?

Bluetooth stopped working out of the blue ?: Hi, I have been using bluetooth devices with no issues ever since I have gotten this laptop, but today out of the blue, the adapter has turned off and windows doesn't seem to recognize the bluetooth capability anymore. I am not getting an option to turn it on here :...
  8. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable: Hello, I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 hours. Following the installation of NordVPN, my bluetooth abruptly stopped working. No devices will connect, nine devices are all listed as "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45". The...
  9. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working and I feel like I have tried everything, to no avail.

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working and I feel like I have tried everything, to no avail.: A few months ago, bluetooth on my windows 10 PC stopped working. Prior to this, my wireless headphones (Bose QC 35) would connect fine. I went away for a few months, so I only now am very frustrated in trying to fix the problem. My computer can see bluetooth devices, but it...
  10. Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...

Mic suddenly stopped working, tried everything...: Hey guys, So I put together a new PC running Windows 10 Pro around 3 months ago and everything was working perfect till 2 days ago when my mic suddenly stopped working. I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and the headphones work fine, but the mic is not picking up any...