Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 hours. Following the installation of NordVPN, my bluetooth abruptly stopped working. No devices will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Wilson 222, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

Hello, I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 hours.

Following the installation of NordVPN, my bluetooth abruptly stopped working. No devices will connect, nine devices are all listed as "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45". The bluetooth worked just fine previously, as it has for 3 years. I'm using Windows 10 32-bit. I've tried updating all of the drivers, deleting and reinstalling, nothing seems to help.

:)

James Wilson 222, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 8, 2020
  3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

How do I enable Bluetooth with my Qualcomm Atheros adapter?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check. The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware on the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth service on the computer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Bluetooth service and set it to Automatic:

a. Go to the Start screen.

b. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.

c. Right click on Bluetooth support service and click on Properties.

d. Set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status.

e. Click on OK.

If the issue persists you can try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 3:

I suggest you to try the following steps.

a. Open Control Panel by clicking the Windows + X,

b. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

c. In theBluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:

To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Method 4:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver and install the latest driver on the computer.

Harshal Benake, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable

1. Bluetooth stopped working, no option to enable - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. Bluetooth output stops working when I enable mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth output stops working when I enable mic: I have Windows 10 pro updated to latest version I have a Bluetooth usb 5.0 adapter that I use to connect my Bluetooth neckband it's mic works properly on my Android. Whenever I try to use mic on Windows it stops any type of output sound and also mic doesn't work when I...
  3. Bluetooth output stops working when I enable mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth output stops working when I enable mic: I have Windows 10 pro updated to latest version I have a Bluetooth usb 5.0 adapter that I use to connect my Bluetooth neckband it's mic works properly on my Android. Whenever I try to use mic on Windows it stops any type of output sound and also mic doesn't work when I...
  4. Bluetooth output stops working when I enable mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Option is not working

Bluetooth Option is not working: Hello, My name is Muhammad Zaid. I am having the issue in my window. I am not showing the Bluetooth On and Off Button. Even in my Laptop. I just install a new version of window 10 pro from the offical website. But still it not showing the bluetooth on off option.Please share...
  6. Bluetooth Option is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Option is not working: Hello, My name is Muhammad Zaid. I am having the issue in my window. I am not showing the Bluetooth On and Off Button. Even in my Laptop. I just install a new version of window 10 pro from the offical website. But still it not showing the bluetooth on off option.Please share...
  7. Wireless Bluetooth earphones stop working when microphone is enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Bluetooth earphones stop working when microphone is enabled: I recently bought this pair of wireless Bluetooth earphones, and it works fine with my phone. When I connect them with my laptop, the audio still works fine. However, when I need to use my microphone in applications like Discord, the audio completely stops working. I tried...
  8. Wireless Bluetooth earphones stop working when microphone is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Bluetooth earphones stop working when microphone is enabled: I recently bought this pair of wireless Bluetooth earphones, and it works fine with my phone. When I connect them with my laptop, the audio still works fine. However, when I need to use my microphone in applications like Discord, the audio completely stops working. I tried...
  9. Wireless Bluetooth earphones stop working when microphone is enabled

10. Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to enable bluetooth disappears sometimes: Sometime after starting the laptop the option to turn on bluetooth is missing. I need to restart the laptop and the bluetooth option appears again. I tried updating drivers but that also doesn't help....