Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to connect my wireless controller to my laptop via bluetooth, suddenly the pc started beeping and my mouse was lagging I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tomáš Kordoš, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop

Hello, I was trying to connect my wireless controller to my laptop via bluetooth, suddenly the pc started beeping and my mouse was lagging

I found a post about it here, it stopped after a restart. Then I returned to connect my controller again, but I couldn't find the icon for it in the notification bar. Not sure if it was there before the restart I went to the setting and the bluetooth switch was now missing. After troubleshooting bluetooth I got this message. In devices manager Which I haven't accessed before, so I can't spot differences, after showing hidden everything bluetooth related was grayed out. What could happen to the laptop bluetooth adapter? Is it broken?

Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop ad6d7f69-0056-494e-9793-949683e3c5e4?upload=true.png

:)

Tomáš Kordoš, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Bluetooth not working on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    If this doesn't work, you might have to uninstall and then reinstall the latest Bluetooth drives from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Tranbol Win User

Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop

1. Bluetooth stopped working on a laptop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly: Hi all,I've been researching this issue, ad nauseum. I've tried everything so far that I have seen recommended. Here's what I've done:1. Run the BT troubleshooter2. Made sure BT is turned on multiple times3. Restarted BT Support Service multiple times. This works after...
  3. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly: Hi all,I've been researching this issue, ad nauseum. I've tried everything so far that I have seen recommended. Here's what I've done:1. Run the BT troubleshooter2. Made sure BT is turned on multiple times3. Restarted BT Support Service multiple times. This works after...
  4. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  6. Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  7. Laptop bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop bluetooth stopped working: Out of nowhere, my bluetooth decided to stop working. My controller would not connect, and when i put my controller in pairing mode, Windows does not find it. Then, the bluetooth on/off button disappeared. What do I do??? submitted by /u/blayboicartii [link] [comments]...
  8. Bluetooth Stopped Working On My Laptop Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Stopped Working On My Laptop Suddenly: I have a Dell XPS 9500 and my Bluetooth connection just stopped working suddenly. When I try to remove or add a device, it says the Bluetooth isn't turned on, and the Bluetooth button isn't showing up in quick actions. Bluetooth isn't showing up on Device Manager either. I...
  9. Bluetooth Stopped Working On My Laptop Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Stopped Working On My Laptop Suddenly: I have a Dell XPS 9500 and my Bluetooth connection just stopped working suddenly. When I try to remove or add a device, it says the Bluetooth isn't turned on, and the Bluetooth button isn't showing up in quick actions. Bluetooth isn't showing up on Device Manager either. I...
  10. Bluetooth Stopped Working On My Laptop Suddenly