Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth stopped working on my PC today after I've been using it every day since the PC was new. First I checked the Bluetooth settings but most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JFranklin97, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

Bluetooth stopped working on my PC today after I've been using it every day since the PC was new. First I checked the Bluetooth settings but most of the options including the on/off toggle were missing so I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Device does not have Bluetooth" so I checked Device Manager and tried to update the drivers there but nothing was available. I uninstalled the Bluetooth drivers and restarted the computer, but they did not reinstall on startup so I downloaded Bluetooth drivers from the Intel website, still nothing. I checked Windows Update and installed everything that wa

:)

JFranklin97, Jul 30, 2021
  2. jerriy Win User

Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Jul 30, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Tranbol Win User

Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

1. Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth" - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. Troubleshooter says Bluetooth capability does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooter says Bluetooth capability does not exist: Yesterday evening I logged into my computer. Usually, when my PC starts up, it automatically connects to a Bluetooth speaker that I have beside it. This time it didn't and I found that odd. So I went into settings to check if Bluetooth was off, but when I checked? It was gone...
  3. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.: I can't find the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and also in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. I tried to restart Bluetooth services but nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.The device is HP Probook 4540s....
  4. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.: I can't find the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and also in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. I tried to restart Bluetooth services but nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.The device is HP Probook 4540s....
  5. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. After Troubleshooting, It says that my device does not have Bluetooth.

After Troubleshooting, It says that my device does not have Bluetooth.: Hello, My name is Vinay Kondabathula. For 2 months, I have been facing issues with my BlueTooth. I am not able to see the on/off button in my BlueTooth section. So, I updated my drivers from the Windows Updates section and restarted my device. But still got the same problem....
  7. Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...

Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 17-7779 and was having an issue while running a program that utiliized Bluetooth 4.0, where the Bluetooth would be working find, and then the program said Bluetooth was turned off, and when I went to go turn it back on, the option to turn it on does...
  8. "Device does not have bluetooth" – my laptop does have bluetooth, and it stopped working...

"Device does not have bluetooth" – my laptop does have bluetooth, and it stopped working...: I was using the laptop today with a bluetooth mouse and at a random moment it just lost connection. I tried first changing batteries in it – did not pick back up. Then I saw that I couldn't turn bluetooth on/off, because the control center button became glitchy and stays...
  9. Bluetooth On/Off Option disappeared. Bluetooth Troubleshooting says "Device does not have...

Bluetooth On/Off Option disappeared. Bluetooth Troubleshooting says "Device does not have...: My Laptop's Bluetooth was working well until the today when I booted it up and the Bluetooth option was missing in my notification icons. I went to settings to investigate and the On/Off Option disappeared. Tried troubleshooting to no avail. I have tried updating my drivers...
  10. Troubleshooter says device does not have bluetooth when it clearly does.

Troubleshooter says device does not have bluetooth when it clearly does.: One day the bluetooth functionality of my desktop PC suddenly disappeared. It stopped connecting to my speaker, and when I restarted my PC and ran the troubleshooter, it told me my device does not have bluetooth capability and needs an adapter. However, I know this is not...