Windows 10: bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates!

Discus and support bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bluetooth stopped working after a windows update last year no matter what I did to reinstate it. I purchased an ASUS USB bluetooth dongle which worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeteHauptman, Sep 4, 2021.

1. bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates!

Bluetooth stopped working after a windows update last year no matter what I did to reinstate it. I purchased an ASUS USB bluetooth dongle which worked just fine until the current Windows update version 20H2 which I did yesterday, September 3. Once again, I tried everything but even the dongle no longer worked!!! I had to do a system restore to roll back the current update to get my Bluetooth working again. I am now totally afraid to continue any further Windows updates.Also, the age of my PC, processor ,etc will not enable me to update to Windows 11 when it 's available.This PC was purchased w

:)

PeteHauptman, Sep 4, 2021
  2. jerriy Win User

Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Tranbol Win User
    No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Sep 4, 2021
  4. aasim1111 Win User

bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates!

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates!

1. bluetooth stopped working TWICE after Window updates! - Similar Threads - bluetooth stopped working

2. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  3. Bluetooth Stopped Working after A windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Stopped Working after A windows 11 update: Hi, My Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter has stopped working after a windows 11 update this issue same happened on windows 10 now i upgraded to windows 11 and the problem continues after the update. The drivers on this device is up to date and on the status on the device it says:...
  4. Bluetooth Stopped Working after A windows 11 update

Bluetooth Stopped Working after A windows 11 update: Hi, My Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter has stopped working after a windows 11 update this issue same happened on windows 10 now i upgraded to windows 11 and the problem continues after the update. The drivers on this device is up to date and on the status on the device it says:...
  5. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  6. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  7. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

8. Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.: I have an HP Envy laptop new in July 2021. The microphone stopped working randomly not long after buying it, and my issue also interfered with my external mics too.In the sounds settings it looks like it picks up sound, by plays nothing out out Recorder, Teams or Zoom.Did the...
  9. Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.

Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.: I have an HP Envy laptop new in July 2021. The microphone stopped working randomly not long after buying it, and my issue also interfered with my external mics too.In the sounds settings it looks like it picks up sound, by plays nothing out out Recorder, Teams or Zoom.Did the...
  10. After update Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update Bluetooth stopped working: When my system was updated to 1909, Bluetoothstopped running. I reinstalled drivers with no result. Bluetooth isindicated as turned on but the Bluetooth devices are not connected and I cannot find them in the Device Manager.I ran Troubleshooter and got a message that...