Windows 10: Bluetooth stopped working

Discus and support Bluetooth stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I've been having a ton of trouble with Bluetooth for some reason, having constant interruptions and frequently having to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshWitcher760, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Bluetooth stopped working

So recently I've been having a ton of trouble with Bluetooth for some reason, having constant interruptions and frequently having to run the troubleshooter just to be able to connect my Xbox One Wireless controller. While this has been frustrating, it's something I was okay dealing with if everything worked.

Well apparently today my computer woke up and chose violence because now, the Bluetooth on my computer just doesn't exist anymore. As soon as it stopped working, I ran the troubleshooter, which didn't help I think it was error 0 though I can't be sure because it doesn't come up anymore, then I updated my Windows to the latest version, restarted my PC, and the Bluetooth STILL isn't back. I ran the troubleshooter and now I get this as the response:

Bluetooth stopped working 8ba8a519-4f75-4139-b183-90893842e797?upload=true.png

I tried checking the Device Manager, but my problem isn't just with one device, it's with the entire Bluetooth, so I can't really do much. I tried checking the properties of Bluetooth itself and see if I could do anything, but got this:

Bluetooth stopped working 1c584fd2-478e-4026-bb95-18d039d20fdd?upload=true.png

This is what I see when I go into my Bluetooth settings:

Bluetooth stopped working 99892939-b83e-40e3-b11f-0de09c9829f3?upload=true.png

So it's not as simple as just turning it off and on. The Bluetooth icon is also missing from my tray.

I'm not sure what to do anymore, I've tried everything that usually works, I'm going to try restarting again after posting this and I'll update if anything changes, though I don't expect it to. I'm open to hearing any recommendations, please help, I really don't know what to do anymore and haven't found anything online that can help me.

:)

JoshWitcher760, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth not working

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open the Run.
    • Type services.msc and press the Enter.
    • Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.
    • Click the Start button if it is stopped
    • Select the Automatic from the Startup type list.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Tick the Local System account.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the computer.

Method 2:

• Open Device Manager.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your Bluetooth keyboard and double-click it.
    • When Properties window opens, navigate to Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Now click on OK to save changes.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth stopped working

1. Bluetooth stopped working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stopped working

2. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  3. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: Hi, so I've had my lenovo laptop running windows 10 for years now, has never let me down. However, I've noticed in the past few months that my bluetooth would randomly disconnect on occasion and the only way I could fix it was by restarting my laptop. Now its disconnected...
  5. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working: Hi, so I've had my lenovo laptop running windows 10 for years now, has never let me down. However, I've noticed in the past few months that my bluetooth would randomly disconnect on occasion and the only way I could fix it was by restarting my laptop. Now its disconnected...
  6. Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth stopped working: I have recently bought a blutooth mouse mx master 3, used it through blutooth a few month, everything was fine, but when I made a fresh install of offical windows 10, my blutooth stopped working after a couple of hours. There is no turn on/off button for bluetooth anymore,...
  7. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth stopped working: So I've had my pc for about 6 months now and about a month ago I decided to update my Bluetooth drivers and I guess I did it wrong because something happened to my Bluetooth like it still works but I've had to use Bluesoleil and Bluetooth doesn't automatically connect. I've...
  8. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth stopped working: I was connected to my Bluetooth headphones an listening to video, then i went away from computer for couple of minutes. After i came back my headphones got disconnected and then i was no longer able to find the switch that toggles Bluetooth on/off. I tried to restart the...
  9. Bluetooth Stopped Working

Bluetooth Stopped Working: hi, my Bluetooth was not working. laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Suddenly few months ago my Bluetooth started working and used it to connect my headphones and devices but suddenly after using it for 2-3 weeks it again stopped working. when I go to Bluetooth settings there...
  10. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth stopped working: Bluetooth adapter is turned on, my PC detects it but the Bluetooth is not working. What’s the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stopped-working/71b8bb27-e8a9-48e9-aa75-1fcd3747fab2