Windows 10: Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

Discus and support Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Logitech BT keyboard and MX mouse, both of which are paired with two different machines. Device 1 on both the keyboard and mouse is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arnoldpettybunk, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

I have a Logitech BT keyboard and MX mouse, both of which are paired with two different machines. Device 1 on both the keyboard and mouse is my personal Lenovo Legion 7i. Device 3 on both is my work laptop, an HP Elitebook. When I switch the keyboard and mouse from 3 to 1 to do something on my Lenovo, when I switch back to the HP neither device works. Under BT settings the computer shows that bluetooth is on (toggling it on and off doesn't work), but both devices say "Bluetooth is off." Anyone seen anything like this?

submitted by /u/arnoldpettybunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arnoldpettybunk, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Good, reseating the dongle is usually a first step with connected devices.

Berton, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

Bluetooth wont switch on

After updating to the latest version of Windows 10 my Bluetooth has stopped working it won't switch on, I've tried all steps suggested to fix this but none work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

BradleyNisbet, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices

1. Bluetooth stops working after switching between devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stops working

2. Bluetooth devices stopped working after rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth devices stopped working after rebooting: Hi,Everytime after restarting the computer, the bluetooth devices stoped working. I am using a sony headset. In the settings page it shows that it is connected and it is playing sound but actually nothing comes out. Everytime I have to delete this device and repair it with...
  3. Bluetooth devices stopped working after rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices stopped working after rebooting: Hi,Everytime after restarting the computer, the bluetooth devices stoped working. I am using a sony headset. In the settings page it shows that it is connected and it is playing sound but actually nothing comes out. Everytime I have to delete this device and repair it with...
  4. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices: Can the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Part #: QSZ-00001 be paired with two devices ie my own personal PC and the work laptop the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse as a pairing/switching button underneath and can switch between 3 devices that its paired to but the keyboard does not...
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard switch between devices: Can the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Part #: QSZ-00001 be paired with two devices ie my own personal PC and the work laptop the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse as a pairing/switching button underneath and can switch between 3 devices that its paired to but the keyboard does not...
  6. Bluetooth device stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device stopped working: When i click the button to search for bluetooth devices it doesnt do anything. This is a big problem because i cant connect my bluetooth headphones to hear. however when i turn on my controller it automatically connects to the computer so i know bluetooth is still working....
  7. Bluetooth device stopped working

Bluetooth device stopped working: When i click the button to search for bluetooth devices it doesnt do anything. This is a big problem because i cant connect my bluetooth headphones to hear. however when i turn on my controller it automatically connects to the computer so i know bluetooth is still working....
  8. Bluetooth device stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Bluetooth device stopped working

Bluetooth device stopped working: Today my Bluetooth device stopped working.I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter which identified no problems. I tried updating the Bluetooth device drivers, Windows found no newer drivers but noted a problem with Windows Update "One of the update services is not running...
  10. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices: Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is that I can't find a way to switch between the two. Only the Jabra earphones which were paired first work. The Sony speaker is...