Windows 10: Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs

Discus and support Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At exactly 19:07 each night my Bluetooth suddenly stops working. A look in the Event Viewer reveals the following: The local Bluetooth adapter has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SparrowHawk, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs

At exactly 19:07 each night my Bluetooth suddenly stops working. A look in the Event Viewer reveals the following:

The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

When this occurs, the Bluetooth adapter shows up in Device Manager as an unknown USB device.

The first time this problem happened I had to reboot the computer, then reinstall the Bluetooth drivers and do a couple of reboots. When it happened last night, just a single reboot on its owned resolved it.

I have installed the latest adapter drivers from the manufacturer and updated the BIOS to the latest version. Windows Update is showing everything as up to date.

What is so strange about this is that it happens at exactly the same time each night. I looked in Task Scheduler but cannot see anything that would trigger it at that time. My antivirus logs show no scan or activity for that time.

Curiously, recently I had some mystery Windows Updates downloaded and installed but they are not showing up in my Windows Update History. Therefore I have no idea what they did.

My laptop is running Windows 10 Home version 1803
    Bluetooth adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377

Any thoughts on what might be causing this Bluetooth issue?

:)

SparrowHawk, Nov 29, 2018

2. Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 29, 2018
  3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Nov 29, 2018
  4. DrPepper Win User

Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs

1. Bluetooth stops working exactly every 24hrs - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stops working

2. PC internet only lasts for 24hrs before its stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC internet only lasts for 24hrs before its stop working: As title, Ive seen a pattern on my system, where if i restarts the pc on a given time, I can use internet access for the next 24hrs, then it will stop working. MS engineers have already did some work, and still it has not lasted more than 24hrs. Thanks...
  3. PC internet only lasts for 24hrs before its stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC internet only lasts for 24hrs before its stop working: As title, Ive seen a pattern on my system, where if i restarts the pc on a given time, I can use internet access for the next 24hrs, then it will stop working. MS engineers have already did some work, and still it has not lasted more than 24hrs. Thanks...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  5. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  6. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: Hi, so I've had my lenovo laptop running windows 10 for years now, has never let me down. However, I've noticed in the past few months that my bluetooth would randomly disconnect on occasion and the only way I could fix it was by restarting my laptop. Now its disconnected...
  7. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working: I have recently bought a blutooth mouse mx master 3, used it through blutooth a few month, everything was fine, but when I made a fresh install of offical windows 10, my blutooth stopped working after a couple of hours. There is no turn on/off button for bluetooth anymore,...
  8. Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth stopped working: So recently I've been having a ton of trouble with Bluetooth for some reason, having constant interruptions and frequently having to run the troubleshooter just to be able to connect my Xbox One Wireless controller. While this has been frustrating, it's something I was okay...
  9. Bluetooth Stopped Working

Bluetooth Stopped Working: hi, my Bluetooth was not working. laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Suddenly few months ago my Bluetooth started working and used it to connect my headphones and devices but suddenly after using it for 2-3 weeks it again stopped working. when I go to Bluetooth settings there...
  10. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth stopped working: Bluetooth adapter is turned on, my PC detects it but the Bluetooth is not working. What’s the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stopped-working/71b8bb27-e8a9-48e9-aa75-1fcd3747fab2