Windows 10: Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004

Discus and support Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since updating from Win10 1909 to 2004 my Bluetooth sound stutters about twice every second, making it impossible to use. Tested on Bose Soundlink and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ichbinesnicht, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004

Since updating from Win10 1909 to 2004 my Bluetooth sound stutters about twice every second, making it impossible to use.

Tested on Bose Soundlink and Bose 700. Accomplished is the stuttering by another sound in the same speed as the stuttering, this sound stops a few seconds after the music playback stops.

- Tried forgetting and re-pairing my headphones several times
    - Tried turning off hands free telephony and/or remote control in control panel for my headphones
    - Tried turning sound enhancements on and off
    - Tried an extension cord to move the Bluetooth dongle farther away from the computer no onboard Bluetooth available
    - Tried the Bluetooth troubleshooter always finds something, never says what, never fixes anything
    - Changed the WIFI settings on my router 2.4GHz/5Ghz, even turned WIFI off in router. My PC does not have WIFI at all, no card
    - Searched for new drivers Windows: non available, Manufactor http://www.iamotus.com/product/277882694: Use Windows Update to get new drivers
    - Could not check to change the audio settings to CD standard 44.1Khz, 16 bit stereo since it is grayed out and only allows 48Khz, 16 bit stereo
    - Since it was mentioned here in a now closed thread as a solution from time to time, I do not have a bluetooth mouse to disconnect. Actually the Bose is the only device conected via BT at all.

The stuttering happens with every software, and both the Soundlink and the 700 work fine when connected to other devices including Win10 1909.

And it worked also fine on this same PC yesterday before it updated to 2004.

Any suggestions?

:)

ichbinesnicht, Oct 2, 2020

2. Lumia 930 Denim update - Bluetooth music stutter

Having had a battle with stuttering sound tonight here you have my conclusions using Nokia 920:

• Stuttering only occured when playing music with Bluetooth connection
    • NO stuttering playing music via phone's speakers (i.e Bluetooth OFF)
    • This should prove that: Music being played isn't corrupted in any way (Ripped my own cd's for testing this)
    • This is MAYBE a Bluetooth only-issue (but my tests indicate other...)

To make things more complicated, here's my (short) story:

I earlier had a small BT-speaker that worked flawlessly with my Nokia 920. Never had any stuttering at all.

Then I bought a new BT-speaker...

It could be that the new patch arrived (and got installed) before I bought the new speaker, and that's the reason why the stuttering is appearing.

But now I'm getting the stuttering but I have ruled out some more conditions for when the stutterings occurs. Some of them seems to contradict others in this post - but this is what's happening to me!

This is what's happening with Bluetooth connected and wifi turned off :

• Streaming audio from my NAS to the phone = No stuttering at all
    • Streaming audio from Swedish public radio(I.E. random website) = No stuttering at all
    So my conclusion is that BT COULD be working as intended (at least for me) but I get the stuttering ONLY when I play stuff stored on the phone

StargazerKrakatau, Oct 2, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 2, 2020
  4. KT17_ Win User

Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004

Having Bluetooth Stuttering Issues on Windows 10

I've been facing the same bluetooth issues for months. I have a thinkpad p52, and it has an Intel Wireless AC9560.

• JBL Flip 4 stutters
    • Galaxy Buds stutter
    • Amazon Echo stutters
    • Xbox One controller has latency issues and stutters as well.

I have tried changing every setting available, reinstalling windows, changing drivers, all with no avail. I'm not sure what else it could be other than a Windows 10 issue.

KT17_, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004

1. Bluetooth stuttering since Win10 2004 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stuttering since

2. Audio stutters in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutters in Win10: Hey everyone, Since I built my new PC and i believe before that as well, not sure I've been experiencing annoying audio glitches. It essentially means that every now and then all the audio coming from my PC will just stop producing for about half a second, and then resume...
  3. Bluetooth speakers stuttering issue after updating to windows version 2004

Bluetooth speakers stuttering issue after updating to windows version 2004: I have a pair of edifier r1280db speakers that were working perfectly fine before but I updated my windows 10 pc to version 2004 and now the speakers have stuttering issues, this is over bluetooth, I've tried various things like updating drivers and checking the speakers...
  4. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: Twitchtwitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/0d6064e7-9ec6-4a5f-bb29-8a87b356ab36
  5. issue since 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    issue since 2004: Hi! so i have this problem since the version 2004, wich i always avoided and reverted, and with the october update now. Basically when i first startup my pc in the morning its is unusable, after the login screen system start lagging, everything is laggins mouse teleport, if i...
  6. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004: almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse lags too. i dont know exaclty what triggers it honestly the only time ive been able to recreate this issue is when installing a...
  7. Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004

Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004: Hi, yesterday my windows 10 updated to this damn 2004 version of it and ever since I get random weird lag spikes in video and audio, so today I've found out about latecymon and the problem seems to be from the nvidia drivers and storport.sys apparently:...
  8. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: ?.?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/391f881f-9cdc-4a8b-854d-94df7a204a56
  9. GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install: Seriously, they say Windows 10 is the fastest Windows OS to date, yet to me it's the slowest I've ever encountered! GTA 5 was working magic back on Windows 7, yet here on Win10, lags and stutters start to emerge, particularly after installing the latest updates. Not only...
  10. Mouse Stutter Since Updating

Mouse Stutter Since Updating: I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago on my desktop. After it booted for the first time, everything worked just like before on Windows 8.1. After a bit, it prompted me to restart for updates. After it finished with the updates, I noticed that the mouse started a...