Windows 10: Bluetooth support for AAC codec

Discus and support Bluetooth support for AAC codec in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, many bluetooth headsets now offer either APT-X or AAC codec, in addition to the standard SBC. Windows 10 natively supports SBC and APT-X, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vrkeejay, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Bluetooth support for AAC codec

Hi, many bluetooth headsets now offer either APT-X or AAC codec, in addition to the standard SBC. Windows 10 natively supports SBC and APT-X, but I wasn't able to find definitive information about AAC.

I have tried pairing an AAC-enabled headset and checking the codec with the procedure described at https://helgeklein.com/blog/2020/09...luetooth-a2dp-audio-codec-is-used-on-windows/ and it seems to indicate that it is using SBC, but I would like to rule out a device issue. Has anyone some specific information (ideally from the dev team or official docs, like in post https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7lrv00/windows_10_v1709_bluetooth_a2dp_codec_support/)?

submitted by /u/vrkeejay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vrkeejay, Mar 29, 2021

2. AAC Bluetooth codec on Surface Book 2

Does Windows 10 and the Surface Book 2 hardware support the AAC Bluetooth codec?

I do notice a rather big difference in sound quality when changing between an iPhone (that do support AAC) and the Surface Book 2.

Eric Herlitz, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Arnie_75 Win User
    what Bluetooth-Codecs does the Nokia MD-310 support?

I own the beautiful Nokia MD-310 wireless bluetooth music receiver, unfortunately the manual does not state what codecs it support via bluetooth's A2DP protocol. It only states that Apt-X ist supported, I know that it must also support SBC (which sounds
    quite bad), but what about other codecs like AAC, ATRAC or MP3? Are some Nokia officials reading and helping here or is this a user-to-user forum only?

Thanks,

Alex

Arnie_75, Mar 29, 2021
  4. nj15 Win User

Bluetooth support for AAC codec

what Bluetooth-Codecs does the Nokia MD-310 support?

Arnie_75,

Yes, that information is correct. The MD-310 supports both Apt-X and SBC A2DP codecs. Please be informed that A2DP and music file codecs are different and not to be confused technically. Assuming that you use a Lumia, the supported music file codecs are the
    following:

MP3

AMR-NB

WMA 10 Pro

GSM FR

WMA 9

AAC LC

AAC+/HEAAC

eAAC+/HEAACv2

Thema:

Bluetooth support for AAC codec

1. Bluetooth support for AAC codec - Similar Threads - Bluetooth support AAC

2. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?: Support for AAC codec via Bluetooth in Windows 10 is currently only available in Insider builds. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21370 Windows Insider BlogIt has been already 2 years since announcement, when this feature would be available for all Windows 10...
  3. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?: Support for AAC codec via Bluetooth in Windows 10 is currently only available in Insider builds. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21370 Windows Insider BlogIt has been already 2 years since announcement, when this feature would be available for all Windows 10...
  4. Audio drivers/ AAC codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers/ AAC codecs: For some reason the Window 11 Audio drivers/ AAC codecs are causing M4A/AAC audio files to randomly greatly increase and decrease the volume of a song when being played. This problem did not seem to occur until the 22H2 update and it was never and is still not a problem with...
  5. Audio drivers/ AAC codecs

Audio drivers/ AAC codecs: For some reason the Window 11 Audio drivers/ AAC codecs are causing M4A/AAC audio files to randomly greatly increase and decrease the volume of a song when being played. This problem did not seem to occur until the 22H2 update and it was never and is still not a problem with...
  6. Bluetooth AAC is not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth AAC is not working with Windows 10: Hi , even with latest update of Windows, when I set my headphones via application to AAC and then connect to PC via bluetooth, after while it jump to SBC codec . I do not know what I am doing wrong . And did not find any recomendation on website . Hope you can provide with...
  7. Bluetooth AAC is not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth AAC is not working with Windows 10: Hi , even with latest update of Windows, when I set my headphones via application to AAC and then connect to PC via bluetooth, after while it jump to SBC codec . I do not know what I am doing wrong . And did not find any recomendation on website . Hope you can provide with...
  8. Bluetooth AAC is not working with Windows 10

9. New AAC codec tested with AirPods Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New AAC codec tested with AirPods Pro: Im on the latest preview build since i wanted to test the new AAC Codec. Im using a USB Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter. 48000Hz are available now. (44100Hz on stable build) but still 16 Bit. The max volume was reduced, i had them on 80-85% to get a concert feeling, now its...
  10. Bluetooth codec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth codec: How to check and change bluetooth codec in win 10?Can't find it anywhere. submitted by /u/Vicky455 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fosx6d/bluetooth_codec/