Windows 10: Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager

Discus and support Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I was using Bluetooth tether from my phone because I lost internet. while using my computer, Windows 10 crashed on me. Upon restarting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielS1996, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager

Hello all,

I was using Bluetooth tether from my phone because I lost internet. while using my computer, Windows 10 crashed on me. Upon restarting, the Bluetooth settings lacked a switch to turn Bluetooth on and off. Confused I looked online and found a post on this forum saying to uninstall Bluetooth in device manager. I couldn't find what was said to be uninstalled, so I started installing all the devices. Starting from the top of the list. I realized I made a mistake, and so reinstalled windows while keeping all my files. I noticed the problem persists. So then I started the Bluetooth Support Service, set it to automatic, and restarted my computer. I checked upon restart and see that service is currently running. However I still don't see Bluetooth in device manager, and the troubleshooter is saying "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try an external adapter or add Bluetooth capabilities to this computer." I am at a loss for what is going on or how to fix it. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

:)

DanielS1996, Jan 9, 2019
  2. ceduriki Win User

Bluetooth Services

I've been using the audio gateway on my phone for a while, but when I actually looked through the list of services it does provide, I found it to be quite large. For some reason, my computer doesn't support many of these, such as remote control etc.

I'm pretty sure it has more or less to do with my bluetooth adapter, because it gives me only a small list of the total services it can accept. Anybody have any idea how I can add more?

ceduriki, Jan 9, 2019
  3. elwin133 Win User
    Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit.
    Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked.
    Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was a problem for the tech. He seems to have turned off UEFI to get legacy USB to work so he could clean install Win10. My only problem is no bluetooth.
    Device Manager does not list Bluetooth.
    Settings: Devices: does not list Bluetooth on the left side.
    I installed current Broadcom Bluetooth driver and it said successful.
    I checked Services and it says Bluetooth Support Service is running. And Bluetooth Handsfree Service is also running.
    Tried uninstalling wireless device, and that didn't help.
    Please.

elwin133, Jan 9, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager

1. Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth support service

2. No Bluetooth Devices Appearing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Bluetooth Devices Appearing.: Was trying to connect some headphones to my laptop, but they didn't show up in the "add a device" menu... Tried connecting a mouse, some different headphones, and no devices show up. Tried updating drivers, restarting Bluetooth services, everything I could find, and still not...
  3. Bluetooth Support Service appearing with the error Parameter is incorrect

Bluetooth Support Service appearing with the error Parameter is incorrect: So I've done everything to try and get my Bluetooth working again. Like doing the registry edits in safe mode etc. Disabling all Microsoft services and entering a safe boot to try and get that to work as well. I have literally had no luck can yall please try and help my...
  4. Bluetooth Support service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Support service: First BT disappeared. When I found it Bluetooth Support Service says "stopping", and I am unable to change that status. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-support-service/74ed6ae0-6e93-4c52-a48a-789dc32712df
  5. Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden

Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden: Hi there, I can't seem to activate my Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC Update 2004; Desktop Ryzen 3700x, ASRock B550i Phantom Gaming MoBo. I don't know what happened, but it suddenly isn't available anymore. Things I have tried: 1. Check if Hidden. It is not there....
  6. Bluetooth not in device manager

Bluetooth not in device manager: I am currently trying to connect bluetooth headphones to my computer. when i click add bluetooth or other device it says i have to turn bluetooth on but that is not an option in my settings. I tried troubleshooting bluetooth and it came back saying that bluetooth is not...
  7. Bluetooth missing from device manager and services

Bluetooth missing from device manager and services: one day my bluetooth stopped working. The icon is missing from the tray and settings. I ran troubleshooter and it says, "Device does not have bluetooth." I ran services.msc but Restore Bluetooth does not appear on the list...
  8. Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management

Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management: I have Bluetooth issues i have bought a brand new pcie wifi+Bluetooth 5.0 worked great then after shutting off the computer for the night boot up the next day Bluetooth is completely gone from windows I boot up in Ubuntu and it worked fine saw the wifi card and Bluetooth so...
  9. BSOD running Sena Bluetooth Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD running Sena Bluetooth Device Manager: So I have a bluetooth device made by Sena for my motorcycle helmet. The firmware for the device is updated using the software here: Sena Device Manager & Software Update | Sena I have the x64 edition for my Surface Pro 3. It installs fine, but when it starts to detect...
  10. no bluetooth in device manager

no bluetooth in device manager: i have acer aspire 4750G with intel core i5. when i upgraded to windows 10, it didn't trace bluetooth device in device manager. 34462