Windows 10: Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

Discus and support Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard: Microsoft Surface Keyboard, WS2-00025Bluetooth dongle: TP-Link UB400 4.0 Bluetooth dongleWindows 10The keyboard goes to sleep, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by semicomatose, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

Keyboard: Microsoft Surface Keyboard, WS2-00025Bluetooth dongle: TP-Link UB400 4.0 Bluetooth dongleWindows 10The keyboard goes to sleep, or disconnects, or something, if I don't touch a key on it for a few minutes. This happens even when I'm using my computer actively with only the mouse. When I touch a key on the keyboard to wake it up, Windows 10 freezes for a few seconds playing videos will freeze, mouse movement will freeze.This problem has existed since I got this keyboard about 2 months ago, and happens 100% of the time. I have gone through all of my devices in Device Manager and disab

:)

semicomatose, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jul 1, 2021
  3. JanLesan Win User
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up

Hi,

I am using a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard on DELL XPS15 and the keyboard doesn't always wake up from the sleep mode (no lights on FN, NumLK or Caps Lock; doesn't do anything). When the computer wakes up, 4 out if 5 times, the keyboard wakes up as
    well.

But sometimes it doesn't and so far I have discovered 2 ways how to wake it up:

1. Go to Device manager and disable the keyboard and enable it again

2. Or to run a Bluetooth troubleshooter (Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices).

Both of these methods work, but it is a bit annoying to do this.

Has anyone found a way how to wake it up manually? Is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way how to wake it up?

Thanks

Jan

JanLesan, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

Re-Connect Microsoft Bluetooth Surface Keyboard

I'm running Windows 10 2004 (OS Build 19041.264). I have a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 motherboard with built-in Bluetooth and Antenna.
    I have a Bluetooth Surface Keyboard which I like, but it sometimes disconnects itself.
    I can re-connect it via Settings->Devices, but in order to do so, I have to un-pair it, then pair it again and connect, which is a pain.
    In the 'Notifications' area of the desktop, there are two options relating to Bluetooth, The first, which has a Bluetooth Symbol on it, just switches Bluetooth on and off. The second, labelled 'Connect' does not list my keyboard, its functionality being restricted to 'wireless display and audio devices'. It has an option (at the bottom) to 'Find Other Types of Devices', which just takes me into Settings -> Devices where I have to un-pair, the pair and connect, just the same as I describe above.
    Does anyone know if there is any way that I can easily re-connect a paired keyboard device which is switched on, without having to un-pair and re-pair first?

jameswesthead, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

1. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up - Similar Threads - Bluetooth surface keyboard

2. Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10: I boot up my windows 10 PC and login but after a few seconds enough time to open up an application or just sit on my homepage, my mouse and keyboard completely freeze and I am unable to interact with the computer at all. I have tried using multiple keyboards and mice, but the...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10: I boot up my windows 10 PC and login but after a few seconds enough time to open up an application or just sit on my homepage, my mouse and keyboard completely freeze and I am unable to interact with the computer at all. I have tried using multiple keyboards and mice, but the...
  4. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  5. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  6. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  7. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  8. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up: If I don't use the keyboard for a while it goes to sleep and when I eventually press a button the computer freezes and after a few seconds it unfreezes and registers the keypress. Then it works normally. I am on Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.746. I have turned off all...
  10. Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard on DELL XPS15 and the keyboard doesn't always wake up from the sleep mode no lights on FN, NumLK or Caps Lock; doesn't do anything. When the computer wakes up, 4 out if 5 times, the keyboard wakes up as well. But...