Windows 10: Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

Discus and support Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LEOsMIND, Jan 20, 2022.

1. LEOsMIND Win User

Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivotBluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up :eek:verviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2 seconds.After the freeze the keyboard can be used again normaly.I can't accept the freezes.Is there a way to turn off the sleep mode inside the keyboard?Do I need a better Bluetooth receiver? I got the dongle from TP-Link -> https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/adapter/ub400/Thanks for any help

:)

LEOsMIND, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jan 20, 2022
  3. JanLesan Win User
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up

Hi,

I am using a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard on DELL XPS15 and the keyboard doesn't always wake up from the sleep mode (no lights on FN, NumLK or Caps Lock; doesn't do anything). When the computer wakes up, 4 out if 5 times, the keyboard wakes up as
    well.

But sometimes it doesn't and so far I have discovered 2 ways how to wake it up:

1. Go to Device manager and disable the keyboard and enable it again

2. Or to run a Bluetooth troubleshooter (Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices).

Both of these methods work, but it is a bit annoying to do this.

Has anyone found a way how to wake it up manually? Is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way how to wake it up?

Thanks

Jan

JanLesan, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard doesn’t wake the computer from sleep or hibernate. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to wake the computer using any other keyboard?
    • What is the complete model number of the Microsoft keyboard?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems waking computer from sleep mode.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You can also try running the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.
    Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security, and select
      Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Power troubleshooter, click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Surface Keyboard

2. Windows 11 freezes after wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes after wake up: Hello;After I switched to windows 11, it freezes after a long sleep maybe 4 5 hours. I do not get the same problem if the sleep duration is 1 -2 hours. After waking up from a long sleep, windows shows the log in screen and then it freezes or sometimes I am able to enter 2-3...
  3. Windows 11 freezes after wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes after wake up: Hello;After I switched to windows 11, it freezes after a long sleep maybe 4 5 hours. I do not get the same problem if the sleep duration is 1 -2 hours. After waking up from a long sleep, windows shows the log in screen and then it freezes or sometimes I am able to enter 2-3...
  4. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  5. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  6. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up: Keyboard: Microsoft Surface Keyboard, WS2-00025Bluetooth dongle: TP-Link UB400 4.0 Bluetooth dongleWindows 10The keyboard goes to sleep, or disconnects, or something, if I don't touch a key on it for a few minutes. This happens even when I'm using my computer actively with...
  7. Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard on DELL XPS15 and the keyboard doesn't always wake up from the sleep mode no lights on FN, NumLK or Caps Lock; doesn't do anything. When the computer wakes up, 4 out if 5 times, the keyboard wakes up as well. But...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up: I own the Microsoft Surface Keyboard (the bluetooth one without the cable option) and it will go into sleep mode after 2 ish minutes. However, each time I wake it up by pressing any button, Windows will stutter for 1 second and then everything is fine. I have tried to...
  9. Short freeze after waking up

Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  10. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up: I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from HID Device Manager and also from Bluetooth Radio. It Is just not...