Windows 10: Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center

Discus and support Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it should possible be network related... but for some reason, the "Bluetooth" tile is back in my Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris2005, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it should possible be network related... but for some reason, the "Bluetooth" tile is back in my Action Center, but I have zero Bluetooth devices on or installed.

It was there after the latest build 10586, then I think the first Cumulative Update came out and it went away... I doubt there was any causal link between them... but now after a restart of the computer, the tile is back... and I don't know why.

:)

Chris2005, Dec 4, 2015
  2. earthenox Win User

Hi Chris,

Same thing here (again/still) as well. Disappeared for about 4 days then it came back again a few days ago.

I was told on another thread that this is 'by design' and that it will always be present. I don't see the reasoning behind enabling a tile on all devices whether they have that hardware installed or not. I've since used the Provide Feedback tool to provide
    a dislike of this 'feature' within Windows 10. Whether it is a feature or not I have no idea but if enough people flood MS with feedback about this issue hopefully they'll actually fix it.

I'm at a point now where I've just collapsed the Action Center menu so I don't see the Bluetooth tile. I only ever use it to get into the Settings anyway.

earthenox, Dec 4, 2015
  3. earthenox Win User

Hi,

You'll find this issue is quite common to a variety of people who upgraded to the November Update after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8.1 to the build released in July. I myself upgraded from 8.1 Core and have this issue, my partner upgraded from Windows
    7 Pro and has not experienced it. However I have family who upgraded from 7 Pro and they also have this issue. I know a number of people who also experience this and it seems it can be found on both Pro and Home from upgrades made from either 7 or 8.1. It
    does not appear to occur on a fresh install, only on people who have in essence done two windows 10 upgrades -- the original build, and then the November build, plus the cumulative updates since.

There are NO bluetooth hardware devices installed on my system either however in the Action Center, Bluetooth is available and active. When clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the Action Center, it takes you to the bluetooth part in Settings, shows no bluetooth
    hardware and there appears to be no way to fix it unless you reformat your PC, which I intend on doing in the next couple of weeks as I'm tired of seeing it.

Would be nice if MS actually acknowledged there's an issue, as it doesn't seem to be a one off.

earthenox, Dec 4, 2015
  4. Chris2005 Win User

It came back... computer restart, it went away.

I just disabled the Bluetooth services on Services to see if it stays away... as I have no Bluetooth devices in or on my computer.

Chris2005, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Chris2005 Win User
    Restart brought it back, even with the Bluetooth services disabled...

Chris2005, Dec 18, 2015
  6. elglasi Win User
    me to same problem
    can u help me when u fix this issus

elglasi, Dec 19, 2015
  7. Chris2005 Win User
    No problem. If I can figure out the issue myself. lol

Chris2005, Dec 20, 2015
  8. Mr Joey Win User

Hey Chris and the Forum,
    I've been researching this on and off for months now.
    I've been having the same issue with the bluetooth icon in action center for several builds now. I really think it's a legitimate bug in Win10.
    Maybe Shawn (Brink) or somebody else can weigh-in here.
    Lemme describe my situation, and the one possible cause I can think of...

First things first. I'm running a desktop/workstation. My internet is via ethernet, no wi-fi. No tablet mode. Although I have logitech MX-Pro wireless keyboard and mouse, everything else is tethered, and the logitech stuff is wireless through USB, not bluetooth.
    It's a big powerful workstation, (AMD 8320e, 16Gb RAM, XFX R7 360 - 2Gb, dual 24" dell monitors and a lot of stuff hanging off of it, like a laser printer, couple webcams, sound, microphone, various hard drives, a primary SSD, and USB flash sticks - all in the mix).

Nothing is bluetooth.
    Bluetooth services are disabled.
    I don't have a bluetooth adapter, so there is nothing listed in device manager.
    I don't have wi-fi, so in win10 settings for both "devices" and "internet" menus, I don't have options for bluetooth, or airplane mode, or wi-fi or any of that. When you are connected via an ethernet cat-5 cable, all that stuff goes away... As it should. This is a fixed workstation - nothing mobile or portable about it!

So, with all that said, I STILL get the bluetooth icon in action center, and it's lit up! Click on it, and it takes me to Win10 settings - internet... Which is no help since there is no bluetooth sub-menu there!

Here's the thing... It's completely intermittent depending on restarts. I have to run surveillance (that's what the web-cams are for) pretty much 24/7 (I have animals outside that I need to keep an eye on) so I don't like to cycle this machine very often. Let's call it my "production" machine. However, whenever I do recycle (which is most often due to MS updates asking me to) there's about a 50/50 chance the bluetooth icon will be in action center after a reboot. It's nice when it's gone, because on my machine it makes for an even 8 tiles at the bottom of action center, which fits nicely into two rows of 4.

When it's on, it's the odd-ball in the group, making a third row with just a single tile in it, and I have found No Way to remove it. Ha!

A real head scratcher, no? There is only one thing I can think of that may be the cause of all this... My smartphone. Every now and then, I'll plug my smart phone into a USB port. I'll do this from time to time to offload photos. My smart phone has bluetooth, but I'm almost certain it's always turned off as it drains the battery. Win10 recognizes the smartphone though, by model name. It's only ever connected on occasion and even then for just a short time.

Here's the thing: If you open device manager, and go to the view menu, and select "View Hidden Devices" you will see my smartphone listed there... It's greyed-out (hidden) but it's still there. Could this possible be the cause? Perhaps y'all can check your device manager's and see what all is hidden. Here is a simple trick I use to do a complete "review" of device manager:
    1) Start device manager and immediately select view hidden devices in the view menu.
    2) with your computer-name at the top of the list highlighted, use the windows shortcut keys of <shift *> to expand all the + marks, and then <ctrl Home(key)> to zip you back to the top of the now expanded page.
    Now you will see ALL your devices, including devices not connected, but windows remembers.
    PS - Don't mess with shadow copies of your hard drives! Creating restore points, or doing back-ups or system images often uses Window's snapshot feature and you likely need all those shadow copies! Ha! Leaned that the hard way...

Cheers from the heart of the bayou!
    Mr. Joey
    PSS - Yes, I am in Southeast Louisiana, deep in the bayou, and yes one of the businesses I attend to is farming, kind of... The animals ARE alligators! (The eggs are what I really need to watch, all the night critters want to eat the eggs... racoons, skunks, snakes, etc. The grown gators can take care of themselves).

So there you have it. Any ideas, y'all?

Mr Joey, Feb 9, 2016
  9. sepia66 Win User
    I confirm this is an issue I have been battling with since a very long time. Previously I also had the same problem with airplane mode but that seems to have gone by turning off the power saving feature of the wireless adaptor. With the bluetooth icon however no luck as yet.

sepia66, Feb 14, 2016
  10. Doverboy Win User
    Yes, this continues to be an issue. My symptoms are identical to Mr. Joey, complete with Smartphone hidden in device manager and Bluetooth as "Odd-Man-Out in the third row" in Action Center. Similar systems, too, but I have WiFi. I do not use Bluetooth on any device, always off on my phone.

Doverboy, Mar 20, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Did you try Going to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove.

OldMike65, Mar 20, 2016
  12. Chris2005 Win User
    I can say this isn't hasn't plagued me again, yet.

Bluetooth never appears in Device Manager when it happened to disable it.

Chris2005, Mar 21, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Well I had the same problem for a while, then I made these changes and it turned the Bluetooth Icon off, at least 90% of the time, now after our last updates, its off all the time. You can try these settings if you want. These seem to work for me. Your Choice of course.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove! (if its their)
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Tile Present

2. Customizing Action center tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customizing Action center tiles: Is there any way to customize the action center tiles? Any third-party software to add custom tiles? I really like the action center but the tiles are very limited in number and I'm willing to add more tiles like microphone switch and so on. If anything exists that can help...
  3. BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER: i CANNOT FIND A PLACE TO PUT EXPAND TO SHOW BLUETOOTH TO BRING THE ICON UP TO TURN ON HOW DO I GET THE ICON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-in-action-center/cdb66d8f-3294-4953-9053-710a7ddd340c
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  5. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  6. Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work: The brightness tile in the action center simply says "Brightness" instead of the current percentage brightness and tapping it has no effect on the screen brightness. [ATTACH] Immediately after a reboot the brightness tile works but once the machine has slept the tile...
  7. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  8. No button for bluetooth in action center

No button for bluetooth in action center: Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar. I don't have this button--grayed...
  9. Bluetooth tile disappears from Notification Center

Bluetooth tile disappears from Notification Center: Having problems with Bluetooth on my Acer laptop with Win 10 AU. Let's start with the first problem which I think makes every other problem happen. The Bluetooth tile on the notification center disappears, it is completely gone. I can still find Bluetooth through settings...
  10. Bluetooth Action Center icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Action Center icon: The Bluetooth icon is on in my Action Center but my computer does not have Bluetooth. This is interfering with my Wi-Fi speed. How do I turn off the icon when I do not even have Bluetooth capability on my computer? 41882