Windows 10: Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What?

Discus and support Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the thing is that I was using a Bluetooth keyboard doing some typing job, and it stopped working out of sudden, it was disconnected of course, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Auclown, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Auclown Win User

Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What?

So the thing is that I was using a Bluetooth keyboard doing some typing job, and it stopped working out of sudden, it was disconnected of course, and I tried to reconnect it on 'Bluetooth & other devices' menu and I found Bluetooth toggle button disappeared. Restart the laptop never gets it back.

How do I get it back?

Tried all the solutions posted on this community but it doesn't work for me.

I have formatted my laptop just last month because the button that asking my permission to hear the volume higher than 37 never appears, it is not appearing even after the formatting anyway, please don't tell me I need to format my laptop again.

:)

Auclown, Mar 9, 2020
  2. BillSh1 Win User

Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared??

On my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, the Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared?? Is this a driver issue? How do I fix?

BillSh1, Mar 9, 2020
  3. welbeck09 Win User
    I have lost my Bluetooth On/Off Toggle Switch

Lost my On/Off Toggle for Bluetooth

Last year whilst I was on 8.1 before my upgrade to Windows 10, I noticed that the On/Off Toggle had disappeared – see screenshot (taken when it was on 8.1).

Now I am on Windows 10 the toggle still has not reappeared.

I definitely had the On/Off option, but I think it disappeared after a routine Windows 8.1 update last year, but I cannot be sure.

Some people suggested that I should delete all the Bluetooth software on my computer, then reboot and the software will be reinstalled correctly. I have not done this because of the fear that once deleted the software to gone forever. I dont have copies of this software and it seems logical that if I delete it, then its gone.

I am using Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator - see Device Manager Screenshot. To turn off I now have to go into Device Manager and disable it.

My Driver is Qualcomm Atheros Communications, ver 10.0.1.1 dated 28-07-2015

I can Disable/Enable the driver, but still no toggle otherwise the Bluetooth works fine.

Any suggestions.

welbeck09, Mar 9, 2020
  4. n05033 Win User

Bluetooth on/off toggle button Windows 10

hi;

after few further experimentation I am making changes in my above reply:

Step 1

switch on the wireless adapter on the keyboard similar to any of these on your keyboard.
    don't switch on internet.

Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What? 0e5f646d-a25e-4515-aa9e-f629e1b4bf4d.png

Step 2

open device manager as "run as administrator".

step 3

in device manger uninstall "generic Bluetooth adapter" under heading Bluetooth.

step 4:

restart the computer (don't switch off the computer; but use restart option)

on restart most probably u will find on/off toggle switch back; if not follow the above steps again for 2-3 times; it will pickup the on/off switch.

on restart you will find that the light of wireless adapter button on keyboard has turned red signalling that it is switched off.

but in fact it is half off; it has passed control to switch on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to screen taskbar Wi-Fi icon and in the notification bar where various buttons to control various action is shown.

Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What? a49595ac-e576-4cb8-a6b5-6b83d753c476.png

from there u can switch on/off Bluetooth as well Wi-Fi.

Warning:

if u press the wireless button on keyboard when it was half off; it will go complete off and will also disable Wi-Fi as well Bluetooth in the above referred notification area.

now if u shut down or restart the computer; (when the keyboard wifi button is total off) then on start of pc the on/off Bluetooth toggle button will again disappear and u will have to repeat above steps again.

solution:

if by chance you switch off totally the Wi-Fi keyboard button then press it again to switch it
    on. now if you restart or start after switch off, u will find that Wi-Fi button on keyboard again in half off stage and control passed to notification area as discussed above. in such case the on/off Bluetooth toggle button remains; and need
    to repeat above steps won't arise.

it looks that above system is programmed by Microsoft considering that one would be using touchscreen and not keyboard.

hope Microsoft team would soon find out some permanent solution to this problem.

with regards

thanks

n05033, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth toggle button disappeared all of sudden. What? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth toggle button

2. Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly: Hello,I have a problem regarding Bluetooth, it suddenly disappeared turn on and off button but Bluetooth devices are showing. I have tried troubleshooting it is mentioned that there are no Bluetooth devices found and I am confused totally. can you help me out with this type...
  3. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Hello,Today as I was using a Logicool keyboard connected to my computer, the Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried to reconnect the device but then my PC shows that I don't even have Bluetooth capabilities on my computer I've tried troubleshooting and that's what the...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Hello,Today as I was using a Logicool keyboard connected to my computer, the Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried to reconnect the device but then my PC shows that I don't even have Bluetooth capabilities on my computer I've tried troubleshooting and that's what the...
  5. My Bluetooth toggle disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth toggle disappeared: HiI've set up the start up type as Automatic under the Bluetooth support service under the services command but that didn't help. I also did a bluetooth driver update and installed all of the latest drivers.Now under Device manager, even with show hidden options on, the...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: My bluetooth icon suddenly disappeared. I know that it's one of the common problem, and on solution is to uninstall the bluetooth driver from the Device Manager. I did that and restarted my laptop, but windows didn't reinstall it automatically. I tried Scan for hardware...
  7. I suddenly lost my Bluetooth toggle button!

I suddenly lost my Bluetooth toggle button!: I can no longer turn my bluetooth on! Tried going to device manager, there's no bluetooth icon. Clicked on the "view" and "show hidden icons", NOTHING. Tried downloading a bluetooth driver on intel, still didn't work. HELP! Here's my specs: Device name LAPTOP-BM93H3R2...
  8. Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared

Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I have an issue that ive seen many times on this forum but I none of the advice fornithers has worked for me. One day after logging in the blue toggle dissapeared. ive tried the following: ive gone tonservices.msc to stop and restart bluetooth support...
  9. Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared

Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared: I cannot turn on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 laptop. After I run the troubleshooter, the display states that my device does not have Bluetooth, which I know is incorrect. Please help me to fix this issue....
  10. Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared??

Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared??: On my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, the Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared?? Is this a driver issue? How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-buttontoggle-has-disappeared/1b34ee80-d9e3-4570-9376-853db462480d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth all of sudden gone windows