Windows 10: Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

Discus and support Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has happened a few months back, but can't remember how I fixed it before. Here is my sob story: Before lunch, I was using the Macally Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LostEarthling, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

This has happened a few months back, but can't remember how I fixed it before. Here is my sob story:

Before lunch, I was using the Macally Bluetooth Keyboard w/Notes++
    After lunch, the keyboard was no longer connected.

Opened Settings

1. Bluetooth window: I saw the toggle was there! I didn't click on it because it disappeared on me last time after clicking on it. So I did NOT click on it again. But after clicking on the Macally device, the toggle disappeared anyway. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings :(
    2. removed keyboard from devices
    3. adding a device option was un-responsive

Googled the issue: WOW... wish I had a dime for each complaint I saw!

This is pretty much everything I found to try:

Control Panel:

1. clicked on Add a device
    2. it would not show up
    3. turned keyboard on/off
    4. changed batteries

Support service:

1. rt-clicked start
    2. rt-clicked properties: then set startup to automatic
    3. clicked on "Apply"
    4. restarted computer

Device manager:

1. went through every drop-down for every item that had the word "bluetooth" on it
    2. rt-clicked each one to check for updates (everything was up to date)

Settings:

1. Windows 10, checked for updates:
    2. downloaded and restarted computer

Settings:

1. Update & Security: Troubleshoot Bluetooth
    2. this is the detailed information from that:
      Device does not have bluetooth
      Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add bluetooth capability to the computer.
      Problems found:
      Check Bluetooth capability Detected [yellow triangle with!]
      No Bluetooth Completed

Searching Apps & Features:

1. Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth is dated: 11/26/2017
    2. Went to their website.
    3. Downloaded and performed their wizard
    4. Driver Scan report was up to date

Acer Website:

1. Qualcomm Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Install
    2. Downloaded and installed through wizard.
    3. Restarted computer

What I did not do:

Update Chipset because according to Acer, mine is up to date
    Time Lady (on this forum) said to uninstall KB 4074588, but
    is supposed to be fixed with the current update.

My computer details:

Acer Laptop
    Windows 10 home
    1803 version
    installed on 5/25/18
    OS build 17134.286

8 hours later...I'm here asking for help.

:)

LostEarthling, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Roger Att Win User

Window 10 - Bluetooth On/Off Setting has disappeared.

In the Bluetooth settings, the line item Bluetooth On/Off toggle has disappeared; any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Roger Att, Sep 18, 2018
  3. PossumNZ Win User
    Bluetooth toggle missing in settings.

I had previously paired my Logitech 380 keyboard to my laptop to use an external monitor and was working all okay.

After the very last series of Windows updates my keyboard stopped connecting and so when checking In Windows settings I noticed the bluetooth toggle has disappeared.

I have tried all the troubleshooter fixes and are still unable to connect my bluetooth keyboard.

Any suggestions please?

PossumNZ, Sep 18, 2018
  4. welbeck09 Win User

Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

I have lost my Bluetooth On/Off Toggle Switch

Lost my On/Off Toggle for Bluetooth

Last year whilst I was on 8.1 before my upgrade to Windows 10, I noticed that the On/Off Toggle had disappeared – see screenshot (taken when it was on 8.1).

Now I am on Windows 10 the toggle still has not reappeared.

I definitely had the On/Off option, but I think it disappeared after a routine Windows 8.1 update last year, but I cannot be sure.

Some people suggested that I should delete all the Bluetooth software on my computer, then reboot and the software will be reinstalled correctly. I have not done this because of the fear that once deleted the software to gone forever. I dont have copies of this software and it seems logical that if I delete it, then its gone.

I am using Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator - see Device Manager Screenshot. To turn off I now have to go into Device Manager and disable it.

My Driver is Qualcomm Atheros Communications, ver 10.0.1.1 dated 28-07-2015

I can Disable/Enable the driver, but still no toggle otherwise the Bluetooth works fine.

Any suggestions.

welbeck09, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

1. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings - Similar Threads - Bluetooth toggle disappeared

2. Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.: I have a serious problem with bluetooth connectivity as I cannot turn bluetooth on or off. My bluetooth options are missing and I cannot turn bluetooth on and pair devices. I have tried many ways like starting bluetooth support services. I don't have bluetooth capabilities...
  3. Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.: I have a serious problem with bluetooth connectivity as I cannot turn bluetooth on or off. My bluetooth options are missing and I cannot turn bluetooth on and pair devices. I have tried many ways like starting bluetooth support services. I don't have bluetooth capabilities...
  4. My Bluetooth toggle disappeared

My Bluetooth toggle disappeared: HiI've set up the start up type as Automatic under the Bluetooth support service under the services command but that didn't help. I also did a bluetooth driver update and installed all of the latest drivers.Now under Device manager, even with show hidden options on, the...
  5. Bluetooth toggle missing from settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle missing from settings: While using my PC (HP Envy 17 Notebook) this morning I tried connecting my headphones to watch a movie and the toggle switch for Bluetooth disappeared while waiting for the headphones to pair. As far as I can tell Windows is up to date, my drivers are all up to date and the...
  6. Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared

Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I have an issue that ive seen many times on this forum but I none of the advice fornithers has worked for me. One day after logging in the blue toggle dissapeared. ive tried the following: ive gone tonservices.msc to stop and restart bluetooth support...
  7. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. Ive been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings arent showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  8. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. Ive been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings arent showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  9. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. I’ve been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings aren’t showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  10. Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared

Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared: I cannot turn on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 laptop. After I run the troubleshooter, the display states that my device does not have Bluetooth, which I know is incorrect. Please help me to fix this issue....