Windows 10: Bluetooth toggle not showing up in settings

Discus and support Bluetooth toggle not showing up in settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having issues with Windows 10 bluetooth. Up until an hour ago my bluetooth was working fine. I turned my computer back on and went into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by airwreka, Apr 29, 2020.

1. airwreka Win User

Bluetooth toggle not showing up in settings

I'm having issues with Windows 10 bluetooth.

Up until an hour ago my bluetooth was working fine. I turned my computer back on and went into the bluetooth settings to reconnect my headphones. It said that the bluetooth was turned off, but there was no toggle to turn it back on. I ran a troubleshoot, where it said that the issue was that my computer lacked bluetooth functionality. I tried opening device manager to update drivers, but there where none to update. I opened services and saw that all the bluetooth related services were set to stop. I set them to start and turned my computer off and on again, only to find bluetooth still off and my changes to services undone.

I really have no clue what to do next. I haven't updated anything or installed anything new, I went away for a cup of tea and now my bluetooth capability has disappeared.

:)

airwreka, Apr 29, 2020

2. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

This has happened a few months back, but can't remember how I fixed it before. Here is my sob story:

Before lunch, I was using the Macally Bluetooth Keyboard w/Notes++

After lunch, the keyboard was no longer connected.

Opened Settings

1. Bluetooth window: I saw the toggle was there! I didn't click on it because it disappeared on me last time after clicking on it. So I did NOT click on it again. But after clicking on the Macally device, the toggle disappeared anyway. Bluetooth toggle not showing up in settings :(
    2. removed keyboard from devices
    3. adding a device option was un-responsive
    Googled the issue: WOW... wish I had a dime for each complaint I saw!

This is pretty much everything I found to try:

Control Panel:

1. clicked on Add a device
    2. it would not show up
    3. turned keyboard on/off
    4. changed batteries
    Support service:

1. rt-clicked start
    2. rt-clicked properties: then set startup to automatic
    3. clicked on "Apply"
    4. restarted computer
    Device manager:

1. went through every drop-down for every item that had the word "bluetooth" on it
    2. rt-clicked each one to check for updates (everything was up to date)
    Settings:

1. Windows 10, checked for updates:
    2. downloaded and restarted computer
    Settings:

1. Update & Security: Troubleshoot Bluetooth
    2. this is the detailed information from that:

Device does not have bluetooth

Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add bluetooth capability to the computer.

Problems found:

Check Bluetooth capability Detected [yellow triangle with!]

No Bluetooth Completed
    Searching Apps & Features:

1. Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth is dated: 11/26/2017
    2. Went to their website.
    3. Downloaded and performed their wizard
    4. Driver Scan report was up to date
    Acer Website:

1. Qualcomm Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Install
    2. Downloaded and installed through wizard.
    3. Restarted computer
    What I did not do:

Update Chipset because according to Acer, mine is up to date

Time Lady (on this forum) said to uninstall KB 4074588, but

is supposed to be fixed with the current update.

My computer details:

Acer Laptop

Windows 10 home

1803 version

installed on 5/25/18

OS build 17134.286

8 hours later...I'm here asking for help.

LostEarthling, Apr 29, 2020
  3. PossumNZ Win User
    Bluetooth toggle missing in settings.

Hi Greg,

I worked through your suggestions and still have no Bluetooth toggle in the windows settings.

Still can't pair my Logitech keyboard.

I am running the Creators update which was installed at 22/11/2017 and was only unable to connect with bluetooth a few days ago so it cant be that update.

Also I completed a system restore and no change, No toggle and no connectivity to my bluetooth keyboard.

I find most times you always learn heaps by troubleshooting problems but you have to decide at some point when to stop and switch to an alternative.

So I am going to wait for a week (or when I have a few dollars) and purchase a Bluetooth Adapter.

Many thanks again for your time and help.

PossumNZ, Apr 29, 2020
  4. PossumNZ Win User

Bluetooth toggle missing in settings.

I had previously paired my Logitech 380 keyboard to my laptop to use an external monitor and was working all okay.

After the very last series of Windows updates my keyboard stopped connecting and so when checking In Windows settings I noticed the bluetooth toggle has disappeared.

I have tried all the troubleshooter fixes and are still unable to connect my bluetooth keyboard.

Any suggestions please?

PossumNZ, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth toggle not showing up in settings - Similar Threads - Bluetooth toggle showing

2. Bluetooth toggle not showing up in Bluetooth Settings or Action Center.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle not showing up in Bluetooth Settings or Action Center.: Hello,Since about last week or two, my Bluetooth has not been working. On the "Bluetooth & other devices" settings menu, the Bluetooth toggle is not appearing and the current Bluetooth devices say that "Bluetooth is turned off".When I go on Device Manager and see the status...
  3. Bluetooth toggle missing from settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle missing from settings: While using my PC (HP Envy 17 Notebook) this morning I tried connecting my headphones to watch a movie and the toggle switch for Bluetooth disappeared while waiting for the headphones to pair. As far as I can tell Windows is up to date, my drivers are all up to date and the...
  4. Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared

Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I have an issue that ive seen many times on this forum but I none of the advice fornithers has worked for me. One day after logging in the blue toggle dissapeared. ive tried the following: ive gone tonservices.msc to stop and restart bluetooth support...
  5. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. Ive been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings arent showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  6. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. Ive been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings arent showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  7. Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings: Hi there. I’ve been having this problem for the last day. For some reason my windows 10 settings aren’t showing the toggle button for Bluetooth, under Bluetooth settings and under airplane mode. The only wireless headphones I have are AirPod pros and they were working...
  8. No Swift Pair toggle in bluetooth settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Swift Pair toggle in bluetooth settings?: I'm running 1909 with a bluetooth dongle and I don't see the option for swift pair in bluetooth settings. The only checkbox I see is the metered connection setting. Does swift pair also require a supported dongle also, not just the device pairing with it? Thanks 155203
  9. bluetooth toggle

bluetooth toggle: Hi, i have had to use a bluetooth keypad for the past 2 years ever since my laptop keypad stopped working after a windows update (2 years I've been waiting to get it sorted!!!). Anyway, today my bluetooth switched off and the toggle switch has disappeared. Again about the...
  10. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings: This has happened a few months back, but can't remember how I fixed it before. Here is my sob story: Before lunch, I was using the Macally Bluetooth Keyboard w/Notes++ After lunch, the keyboard was no longer connected. Opened Settings Bluetooth window: I saw the toggle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth toggle not visible on settings

2. bluetooth toggle not working windows 10

3. bluetooth adapter not recognized windows 10