Windows 10: Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...

Discus and support Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 17-7779 and was having an issue while running a program that utiliized Bluetooth 4.0, where the Bluetooth would be working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeyGodiska, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 17-7779 and was having an issue while running a program that utiliized Bluetooth 4.0, where the Bluetooth would be working find, and then the program said Bluetooth was turned off, and when I went to go turn it back on, the option to turn it on does not exist.

I followed lots of troubleshooting and completed the following steps:

• Restarted my computer several times
    • Ran "services.msc" and restarted "Bluetooth Support Service"
    • Windows said drivers were out of date

Eventually, I came across a Microsoft post that suggested uninstalling the device, which I did. I restarted my computer, and ran Windows Update, and no drivers were installed. In Device Manager again, the Bluetooth device was gone, even when checking "Show hidden devices" under "View".

Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on... bc5bd6f3-e7aa-4e1d-bd0d-ad0e460621c5?upload=true.jpg

I ran Bluetooth Troubleshooter, which then told me that "Device does not have Bluetooth. Bluetooth is not available on this device". I restarted the computer and repeated previous steps several times with no success. I have tried 2 different driver programs that both do not detect nor fix the issue. I have gone to both the Dell and Intel websites and tried to install the latest driver. The driver that was downloaded that I installed was the "IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165". Restarted computer. Restarted Bluetooth Support Service. Still, my computer fails to recognize that it even has Bluetooth.

Does this leave me to do a system reset?

Help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

JoeyGodiska, Feb 4, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...

Bluetooth Mice

logitechs higher end stuff uses bluetooth - for example, my logitech dinovo can be synced to bluetooth.
    I assume (althoguh i havent tried) that their other bluetooth tech like the logitech G7 or MX revolution can as well.

The reason they dont state bluetooth on the box is because the receiver only syncs to the one device, while the mouse/keyboard is bluetooth compliant - i guess it costs more for licencing.

Mussels, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on...

1. Bluetooth Troubleshooter says "device does not have bluetooth", when bluetooth is native on... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Troubleshooter says

2. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.: I can't find the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and also in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. I tried to restart Bluetooth services but nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.The device is HP Probook 4540s....
  3. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.: I can't find the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and also in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. I tried to restart Bluetooth services but nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.The device is HP Probook 4540s....
  4. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After Troubleshooting, It says that my device does not have Bluetooth.

After Troubleshooting, It says that my device does not have Bluetooth.: Hello, My name is Vinay Kondabathula. For 2 months, I have been facing issues with my BlueTooth. I am not able to see the on/off button in my BlueTooth section. So, I updated my drivers from the Windows Updates section and restarted my device. But still got the same problem....
  6. Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

Bluetooth stopped working. Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth": Bluetooth stopped working on my PC today after I've been using it every day since the PC was new. First I checked the Bluetooth settings but most of the options including the on/off toggle were missing so I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Device does not have Bluetooth"...
  7. Device does not have Bluetooth

Device does not have Bluetooth: I can't find the Bluetooth icon suddenly one day either in the taskbar or in the settings or in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. Tried to restart Bluetooth servicesservices.msc and tried to install and reinstall drivers. Nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back....
  8. Device does not have bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device does not have bluetooth: Hello so i found this problem, i just bought a new bluetooth headset and i try to connect it to my laptop, my bluetooth isn't on my quick acces, and then when i go to device manager, my bluetooth section is not available, I already do show hidden devices, but i only have...
  9. Bluetooth On/Off Option disappeared. Bluetooth Troubleshooting says "Device does not have...

Bluetooth On/Off Option disappeared. Bluetooth Troubleshooting says "Device does not have...: My Laptop's Bluetooth was working well until the today when I booted it up and the Bluetooth option was missing in my notification icons. I went to settings to investigate and the On/Off Option disappeared. Tried troubleshooting to no avail. I have tried updating my drivers...
  10. Troubleshooter says device does not have bluetooth when it clearly does.

Troubleshooter says device does not have bluetooth when it clearly does.: One day the bluetooth functionality of my desktop PC suddenly disappeared. It stopped connecting to my speaker, and when I restarted my PC and ran the troubleshooter, it told me my device does not have bluetooth capability and needs an adapter. However, I know this is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth wont turn on says my device doesnt have bluetooth