Windows 10: bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

Discus and support bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; wanted to connect my headphones to my pc but it said i needed to turn bluetooth back on, but the toggle was missing. checked device manager > hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keliodas17, Feb 18, 2021.

1. bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

wanted to connect my headphones to my pc but it said i needed to turn bluetooth back on, but the toggle was missing.

checked device manager > hidden devices, it was there but nothing needed an update or anything, how do i turn it back on.

submitted by /u/keliodas17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/keliodas17, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

bluetooth missing

Your System Specs show you have a Desktop computer, they don't usually come with Bluetooth adapters while Notebooks frequently will have it. On my Notebooks turning off the Wi-Fi also turns off the Bluetooth since both are on the same adapter. My Desktops use accessory Bluetooth dongles plugged into a USB port.

Berton, Feb 18, 2021
  3. carla Win User
    Bluetooth device missing

Today I tried using my bluetooth and realized it was missing.

I went to my "Devices Manager" and it wasn't showing any Bluetooth devices.

However, following the instrucions in this question, I enabled "Show hidden icons" and it was listed. As there wasn't any "Bluetooth Generic Adapter", I followed the accepted answer on that same question, and uninstalled all Bluetooth drivers of my "Device Manager".

When I restarted it didn't try to reinstall any drivers, so I went myself to Acer site and got Bluetooth drivers.

I installed it, restarted, but the problem remains and it's worse, as no bluetooth devices are shown in Device Manager.

If I click again in the driver installer, it shows the options "Repair", "Alter" and "Delete" as if it was already installed.

I also installed "Driver Talent" and it shows no problems with my "Bluetooth USB Device", but of course there is a problem, since my Bluetooth disappeared together with its devices.

It is a new computer, just a couple of months. However I bought it in another country, so I can't use it's warranty....

carla, Feb 18, 2021
  4. JoeDuarte Win User

bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

"Bluetooth Settings" is missing and not showing

Hi Antonio – I had the same issue last week and fixed it. Forget about Services settings or the Programs list in Control Panel.
    1. Open Device Manager (right-click on your Start button, then in the pop-up menu click on Device Manager)
    2. In Device Manager, double-click on Bluetooth – it's the second item listed, right after Audio Inputs...
    3. Now you'll see a list of items under Bluetooth. Your Bluetooth adapter/card will be in this list, and its name will be company that makes it. e.g. Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Ignore the other items listed under Bluetooth, the Microsoft stuff and any Bluetooth devices that you see in the list, like mice or headphones. If you don't know who makes your Bluetooth card, this info will be in your paperwork, and on the PC-maker's website. It's often Intel, so if you see Intel Wireless Bluetooth, just double-click on it. If your supplier is different than click on them instead.
    4. Look at the initial screen that pops up. Under Device Status, it will say "The device is working properly", or is not working properly. If it says it's not working properly, open the Driver tab in this window, and click the Enable button.

bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager. [​IMG]

That should fix it. Might need a reboot, but I don't remember. Go into Settings --> Devices, and Bluetooth should be back.
    Later,
    Joe Duarte
    On Twitter: ValidScience

JoeDuarte, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

1. bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager. - Similar Threads - bluetooth turn off

2. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey: My bluetooth button is missing to turn on and turn off and in the device manager the bluetooth turn to grey colour saying that i need to reconnect the bluetooth...
  3. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey: My bluetooth button is missing to turn on and turn off and in the device manager the bluetooth turn to grey colour saying that i need to reconnect the bluetooth...
  4. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: There's another article that is locked, but actually failed to address this issue. Here are a few screenshots illustrating what happened when I tried to follow suggested steps in that article:…and since Bluetooth is MISSING in Device Manager, I cannot update the Bluetooth...
  6. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: There's another article that is locked, but actually failed to address this issue. Here are a few screenshots illustrating what happened when I tried to follow suggested steps in that article:…and since Bluetooth is MISSING in Device Manager, I cannot update the Bluetooth...
  7. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: How do I update my drivers to have my bluetooth connect button show ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-missing-in-device-manager/705e4f05-8467-4a1d-832b-21c9f2b5459a
  8. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: How do I update my drivers to have my bluetooth connect button show ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-missing-in-device-manager/705e4f05-8467-4a1d-832b-21c9f2b5459a
  9. Bluetooth missing from Device Manager and "turned off"

Bluetooth missing from Device Manager and "turned off": My bluetooth was working perfectly fine this morning, but upon turning on my computer this afternoon my bluetooth keyboard stopped working. In my settings underneath my keyboard it says "bluetooth turned off" and the bluetooth icon is not in my taskbar or available in device...
  10. Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing: When I tried to use my Bluetooth mouse today I was unable to due to my Bluetooth suddenly turning off. Thus I went to settings > Bluetooth and other devices to turn it back on, however the toggle button for this is missing. I then went to device manager to look for a driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth generic adapter missing