Windows 10: Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing

Discus and support Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using my Lenova Desktop Ideapad 330S today on a Zoom using my Bose Earbuds via bluetooth call. After that I took a break and when I went to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrickAdams5, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing

I was using my Lenova Desktop Ideapad 330S today on a Zoom using my Bose Earbuds via bluetooth call. After that I took a break and when I went to go back on another Zoom Call. I could no longer link the Earbuds. I then noticed that no bluetooth devices could link to my laptop.I have looked in device manager and the only problem showing is a USB device with Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.I have the latest updates installed so I know it's not that. I have uninstalled the USB driver and re-booted and re-installed and get the same error.Their is no bluetooth device showing o

:)

PatrickAdams5, Jun 4, 2021
  2. thex Win User

Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing

Another thing to consider, if you have a spare WLAN adapter / card for your laptop. You can also try to exchange the cards. Check if the Bluetooth afterwards works. Strangly for me it did with my old adapter as soon as I booted into Windows again. So I disabled Bluetooth, turned of the computer and switched my other one (previously not working) back in and it started immediately working again. The switch for turning on Bluetooth was showing up again and it was also listed in the device manager.

I tried most of the above listed suggestions but none did help or brought it back to life. However the quick swap did some magic. This seems to be a bug within Windows 10 because I'm pretty sure this wasn't a connection issue since the WLAN worked flawlessly. Another thing to note is that a driver update of either the WLAN or Bluetooth broke the Bluetooth functionality.

So if you have a second one lying around and don't want to tinker with software methods which probably won't work if you your adapter disappeared in the device manager try this out. It might be a quicker fix.

Maybe it is also enough to remove the adapter startup Windows, shut it down and put in the adapter again. I haven't tried that, but this might also be worth a shot.

PS.: Both adapters are Intel 7620 AC and 1030 N.

thex, Jun 4, 2021
  3. DavidB Win User
    Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing

I want to disable Bluetooth on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64, but I have a problem: the option to do so is missing even though I know that it was previously available.

Here is the Bluetooth settings pages should look like on Windows 10:

Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing ySSh0.png

Here is how it looks for me:

Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing 2lBxw.png

As you can see, I am missing the switch to turn it on or off? Why is it missing? I know that just yesterday, it was available and I turned it off. What can I do to fix it?

DavidB, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing

Unable to turn on Bluetooth

Hi,

I will certainly help you to find Bluetooth.

Kindly answer the question to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

First I would suggest you to check whether your airplane mode is on or off.

Kindly refer the steps below to check for the airplane mode:

• Press Windows key + I form keyboard to open setting.
    • Go to network and internet.
    • Click on Airplane mode and select turn off.
    Please refer the following steps to find Bluetooth:

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select More Bluetooth options to find more Bluetooth settings.

If you still face difficulty in finding the option, kindly refer the section
    Learn more about Bluetooth fixing problems from the
    below link to fix the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing

1. Bluetooth Turn on/Off Option missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Turn Off

2. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  3. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  4. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.: The Bluetooth icon is missing or Bluetooth can't be turned on or off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bluetooth-icon-is-missing-and-bluetooth-cant/252c3127-5177-4fe8-8365-73bb7e517d4b
  6. The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.: The Bluetooth icon is missing or Bluetooth can't be turned on or off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bluetooth-icon-is-missing-and-bluetooth-cant/252c3127-5177-4fe8-8365-73bb7e517d4b
  7. Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared

Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared: I was using my Lenova Desktop Ideapad 330S today on a Zoom using my Bose Earbuds via bluetooth call. After that I took a break and when I went to go back on another Zoom Call. I could no longer link the Earbuds. I then noticed that no bluetooth devices could link to my...
  8. How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?

How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?: I'm trying to connect to a device With bluetooth on And it keeps showing this: [ATTACH] Its telling me bluetooth is turned off and not giving me an option to turn it on. I tried the notification centre.[ATTACH] I tried to do it from device manager in control panel, but the...
  9. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. Some specifics: HP Envy Laptop 17-ae1xx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1862.387. All updates have installed successfully. Win10 was upgraded from Win8.1 but was later reinstalled fresh. Platinum...
  10. lynx1010b Bluetooth turned off, no option to turn it on.

lynx1010b Bluetooth turned off, no option to turn it on.: Hi, I have no access to Bluetooth on my Linx 1010b tablet, running Windows 10 1803 This worked until a few days ago, now when I go to settings and search for Bluetooth, I see Bluetooth is turned off. There is no icon for Bluetooth in the action center, and no button in...