Windows 10: Bluetooth turns on but does not connect

Discus and support Bluetooth turns on but does not connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my new Windows 10 laptop I'm trying to use Bluetooth but it doesn't connect. I have tried updating the driver, I have troubleshooted it, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Bruns, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Bluetooth turns on but does not connect

On my new Windows 10 laptop I'm trying to use Bluetooth but it doesn't connect. I have tried updating the driver, I have troubleshooted it, I have restarted the service and changed it to automatic but it still doesn't work.

:)

Matt Bruns, Dec 27, 2018
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Dec 27, 2018
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Dec 27, 2018
  4. JoLade Win User

Bluetooth turns on but does not connect

Bluetooth will not turn on

Hi I have a brand new Dell PC with Windows 10, Bluetooth was working fine for the first few days but it seems following an upgrade it is now not working. I've followed steps to check the latest drivers are installed for Bluetooth and for the specific device
    I'm trying to connect to, but still when I go into Device Manager, Bluetooth, it says Bluetooth is not turned on - when I click 'add Bluetooth or other device' it tries and says 'Bluetooth couldn't connect' and sends me back around the same suggestions to
    check the latest drivers are installed etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JoLade, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth turns on but does not connect

1. Bluetooth turns on but does not connect - Similar Threads - Bluetooth turns does

2. why does bluetooth auto connect a device when I turn on bluetooth ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does bluetooth auto connect a device when I turn on bluetooth ?: I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically connects to one of them. If I then disconnect that one BT automatically connects that one again. I can never connect the other device. Someone please tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks....
  3. why does bluetooth auto connect a device when I turn on bluetooth ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does bluetooth auto connect a device when I turn on bluetooth ?: I have two devices set up. When I turn BT on it automatically connects to one of them. If I then disconnect that one BT automatically connects that one again. I can never connect the other device. Someone please tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks....
  4. Bluetooth Headphone does not connect for Audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone does not connect for Audio.: I have a WI-C100 Wireless In-ear Headphone, which worked fine for several months. Now, it connects with the PC, but not for audio and calls. It just says 'connected'. After that, I can't even turn off my headphones for a few minutes. It works with other devices without an...
  5. Bluetooth Headphone does not connect for Audio.

Bluetooth Headphone does not connect for Audio.: I have a WI-C100 Wireless In-ear Headphone, which worked fine for several months. Now, it connects with the PC, but not for audio and calls. It just says 'connected'. After that, I can't even turn off my headphones for a few minutes. It works with other devices without an...
  6. Bluetooth Headphone does not connect for Audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on: My computer's Bluetooth does not connect the devices after turning the computer off and on, every time I turn on the computer I have to go to the settings, delete the device I want to use and pair it again....
  8. Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on

Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on: My computer's Bluetooth does not connect the devices after turning the computer off and on, every time I turn on the computer I have to go to the settings, delete the device I want to use and pair it again....
  9. Bluetooth does not show my Bluetooth headset and does not connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth does not show my Bluetooth headset and does not connect: I am using ASUS zenbook ux410, windows 10 pro, Bluetooth does not show my Bluetooth headset in Bluetooth search box to connect, that's why I cannot connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop, what can I do???...
  10. Bluetooth turn on/connection problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth turn on/connection problem: hi, pardon my broken english. until 6 hours ago, my bluetooth connection are working fine. suddenly my bluetooth are disable and 'lost' from device manager. after hours finding and applying solution, nothing works. however, i do found someone facing same problem with me....