Windows 10: Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues

Discus and support Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am unable to use Bluetooth on my pc tower and when I try to update the driver I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CourtneyI, Jan 20, 2020.

1. CourtneyI Win User

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues

Hello, I am unable to use Bluetooth on my pc tower and when I try to update the driver I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your Bluetooth USB Host Controller". Going into the properties of the Bluetooth USB Host Controller the device status reads: "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." Doing this brings me back to my first point. I can't find the drivers online and I'm not even sure I can. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it!

:)

CourtneyI, Jan 20, 2020
  2. salromano Win User

USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller Wakes PC

Hello, all.

I've had this problem since I built this PC a couple of months ago. When trying to put my computer to sleep, it wakes up no more than a second later. According to powercfg -lastwake, this is the culprit:

Code:
    These are my specs:

• Computer type: PC/Desktop
    • Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor
    • Motherboard: ASRock X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard
    • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    • Graphics Card(s): Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

This PC has one USB 3.10 slot, which is on the motherboard. I have nothing in it. I've done just about everything the Internet has suggested, including disabling the driver (this solves the issue but for some reason disabling this driver also disables my Bluetooth driver), uninstalling / reinstalling the driver, checking the BIOS for any wake or USB-related options, uninstalling my GPU drivers / Nvidia GeForce Experience, checking for scheduled events, checking to see if any of my other USB connections (which are only a mouse and keyboard) are to blame -- you name it, I've probably done it. There are only so little support topics on this issue posted online, and none of them have a definite resolution, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

That said, I'll appreciate any help / suggestions! Thanks a bunch in advance!

salromano, Jan 20, 2020
  3. USB-IF xHCI USB HOST Controller

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers.

For more information refer the below link.

USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller issues...

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 20, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

TI Announces New USB-IF and WHQL Certified 4-Port USB 3.0 Host Controller

Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) today announced that it is the first semiconductor company to receive certification from the USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) for its SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) four-port extensible host controller (xHCI). In addition to the four-port host controller, the TUSB7340, TI also achieved certification for its two-port host controller, the TUSB7320. These four- and two-port host controllers support such applications as notebooks, desktop computers, workstations, servers, add-in cards and ExpressCard implementations, as well as PCIe-based embedded host controllers for HDTVs, set top boxes and gaming console applications. Download datasheets, order free samples, and request evaluation modules (EVMs) here.

"The continuing certification of USB products is key to delivering a smooth and effortless experience to consumers worldwide as they purchase and interconnect their new electronic devices using SuperSpeed USB," said Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB-IF. "We are pleased with the commitment Texas Instruments has made to this standard by delivering such a broad portfolio of SuperSpeed USB products, including their most recent four- and two-port host controllers."

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues 85b_thm.jpg

TI continues to expand the industry's broadest portfolio of end-to-end SuperSpeed USB devices with products like these four- and two-port host controllers in addition to existing peripherals, transceivers, hub controllers, redrivers, power switches and ESD protection chips.

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues 85a_thm.jpg

Host controller key features and benefits
    • Certified and compliant: USB-IF and Microsoft's Windows Hardware Qualification Laboratory (WHQL) standards ensure an open solution for interoperability with industry-wide peripherals and hubs for SuperSpeed USB.
    • Sensitivity: Receiver sensitivity of less than 50 mV differential peak-to-peak is twice as good as that required by the USB 3.0 specification, which allows better detection of weak signals for use with longer cables and eases board layout challenges.
    • Reduced BOM: Full state-machine architecture eliminates the need for any external storage device, such as EEPROM or Flash, saving bill of materials (BOM) costs by five percent compared to competitive solutions.
    Availability and pricing
    These USB-IF-certified SuperSpeed USB host controllers come in a compact WQFN package and are sampling now. They will be in volume production in May 2011, with suggested resale pricing of $4.50 for the four-port TUSB7340 and $3.50 for the two-port TUSB7320, in quantities of 1,000.

btarunr, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth USB Host

2. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth USB Host driver issue: so i was messing around with some stuff but the Bluetooth bugged out, so i checked what happened and the driver with the name "Bluetooth USB Host" is being read as "Bluetooth USB Host COM3" and that is not correct. i tried to update it and that did nothing....
  3. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth USB Host driver issue: so i was messing around with some stuff but the Bluetooth bugged out, so i checked what happened and the driver with the name "Bluetooth USB Host" is being read as "Bluetooth USB Host COM3" and that is not correct. i tried to update it and that did nothing....
  4. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB host controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB host controller not working: After resetting my hp notebook pc I noticed my USB ports stopped working although whenever I connect it to my phone it still charges my phone but no data transfer option, I've also tried tons of flash drives but none of them came up I also went as far as upgrading to windows...
  6. USB host controller not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB host controller not working: After resetting my hp notebook pc I noticed my USB ports stopped working although whenever I connect it to my phone it still charges my phone but no data transfer option, I've also tried tons of flash drives but none of them came up I also went as far as upgrading to windows...
  7. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

USB host controller question - multiple host controllers: Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a...
  8. USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller

USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller: Lenovo Yoga 460 showing an error on USB xHCI complaint Host Controller. Tried to update but it says best drivers already installed. Tried formating the PC the same issue. The Touch Camera Fingerprint Sensors USB ports They have stopped working. The other issue is that it...
  9. USB Host Controller resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Host Controller resetting?: Due to incompatibility with some hardware I’m trying to sort out, I want to set my USB host controllers back to a default windows one to see if it solves anything. It’s usually set to the AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller in the device manager, but when i try to change...
  10. USB Host Controller error.

USB Host Controller error.: Can you please advise steps to resolve the issue? I did try to update the driver but it is reported as using the latest one. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-host-controller-error/ecaaf497-7ae5-4a9c-861e-5ddf167431cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth usb host controller has problems