Windows 10: Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers?

Discus and support Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a PC (a few months ago) and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home (64bit). I have this really weird Bluetooth issue where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VHD_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. /u/VHD_ Win User

Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers?

I recently built a PC (a few months ago) and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home (64bit).

I have this really weird Bluetooth issue where the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse work perfectly for a while (15-30 minutes?) and then suddenly both devices stop working completely. They stay 'frozen' until a USB device (thumb drive, usb keyboard, etc) is either plugged in or unplugged - then both Bluetooth devices immediately 'unfreeze' and resume working correctly. The problem is extremely consistent (same symptoms and workaround).

I've eliminated the individual devices being the problem (each Bluetooth device has the same symptoms when tested independently).

I've eliminated the Bluetooth radio hardware being the problem (tried both the motherboard's built in BT radio and an independent USB dongle).

I've eliminated signal strength / interference being the problem.

No errors / warnings of any kind.

At this point, it feels like it must be a Bluetooth/USB driver issue within Windows. Are there any suggestions for solving this strange issue - or at least diagnosing it further? Are there any Bluetooth diagnostic capabilities within Windows 10 to let me see what is happening behind the scenes?

Additional build info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/jv9jgt/bluetooth_troubleshooting_for_new_pc_build/

submitted by /u/VHD_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VHD_, Nov 17, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Bluetooth issues with the driver.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your Bluetooth driver concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is the Bluetooth driver detected under Device Manager?

Meanwhile, you can consider removing/uninstalling the Bluetooth driver from the Device Manager and then restart your computer. In that way, the system will automatically install the generic Bluetooth driver.

To uninstall the Bluetooth driver, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type
      devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Bluetooth.
    • Right-click the Bluetooth driver, and then select Uninstall. (Note: If the driver is not located in Bluetooth, then you can look for it under
      Other devices.)
    • Restart your computer.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 18, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Bluetooth issues

If you don't have the option to turn Bluetooth on or off, that means it isn't being seen or recognized. This could mean the unit is faulty, or there are no drivers for it.

Anyway I would suggest you look to HP to find Windows 10 drivers for it. If you can't or none exist, I might suggest you purchase a Bluetooth adapter if you need Bluetooth. One of these should work... Bluetooth USB Adapters, Bluetooth Dongles - Newegg.com

Let us know.

sygnus21, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth / USB issue with Windows drivers? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth USB issue

2. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth USB Host driver issue: so i was messing around with some stuff but the Bluetooth bugged out, so i checked what happened and the driver with the name "Bluetooth USB Host" is being read as "Bluetooth USB Host COM3" and that is not correct. i tried to update it and that did nothing....
  3. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth USB Host driver issue: so i was messing around with some stuff but the Bluetooth bugged out, so i checked what happened and the driver with the name "Bluetooth USB Host" is being read as "Bluetooth USB Host COM3" and that is not correct. i tried to update it and that did nothing....
  4. Bluetooth USB Host driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Driver Issue: In Window 10 Bluetooth problem occurs I try my best several times to install an updated driver but not working. Window 10 are running well and performed all tasks is well all features performed well but my issue is not big please suggest any solution to solve my problem. I...
  6. Bluetooth Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Driver Issue: In Window 10 Bluetooth problem occurs I try my best several times to install an updated driver but not working. Window 10 are running well and performed all tasks is well all features performed well but my issue is not big please suggest any solution to solve my problem. I...
  7. Bluetooth Driver Issue

8. Bluetooth Driver Issues

Bluetooth Driver Issues: [ATTACH] I was having bluetooth issues, so I decided to try and remove my bluetooth device, then reinstall it. However, once I hit "remove device" in picture 1, then I get "Removing device" text forever. I've tried restarting bluetooth services, disabling bluetooth in device...
  9. Bluetooth driver issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth driver issue: I have been having an issue with my Bluetooth. When coming out of a restart I get message saying that I need to restart my machine to finish installing Bluetooth. If I restart again when it comes back up Bluetooth is not working. In Device Manager it shows an error with the...
  10. Bluetooth driver issue

Bluetooth driver issue: Bluetooth icon not visible after updating to windows10. Tried disabling / enabling the driver Tried uninstalling reinstalling the driver Tried sfc scannow Tried updating windows to the fullest All with restarting the pc after every change. Next what to do? Model...