Windows 10: Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

Discus and support Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My employer has a custom software product written in VB.NET and compiled with Visual Studio 2019 Professional that is run on tablet computers. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ProductCoder, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

My employer has a custom software product written in VB.NET and compiled with Visual Studio 2019 Professional that is run on tablet computers. The software uses Bluetooth virtual COM ports for serial communication, and has been working since the mid-2000’s on multiple brands of tablet computer under Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro, and Windows 10 Pro. We recently had to change the hardware due to supply chain disruption, and the new tablet hardware is running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. The software saves virtual COM port selections to its settings file, but cannot reload the settings from t

:)

ProductCoder, Aug 17, 2022
  2. perdrix52 Win User

Bluetooth stack inserts invalid COM port names into registry

The drivers are all up to date as at 11 February on Windows 10 x64 10586.104. This is the MICROSOFT Bluetooth stack, so you can't fob this bug off on anyone else.

This is the code that gets the port names:

foreach (string s in System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.GetPortNames())

{

comboBoxComPort.Items.Add(s);

}

So they are corrupt as returned by the system APIs.

So, again, please fix this.

Dave

perdrix52, Aug 17, 2022
  3. With Windows 10, can't open any Bluetooth virtual com ports

I try your recommendation but nothing.

the zebra says that the problem is from win10.

https://km.zebra.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SO8986&actp=LIST

in windows 8.1 the printer and bluetooth virtual ports works great for any devices which works via bluetooth.

I think that Microsoft hasn't solve the problem (SPP ports) as well as think. Maybe Microsft programmers should check the code again. Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames. :)

Thanks friend.

PetrosTsig, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Griffinit Win User

Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

Duplicate Bluetooth Port

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 on an HP laptop. I recently had to re-install windows.

I've re-installed my HP printer via USB cable and this is working. However I normally use a bluetooth connection and at present I can't get that to work.

I added bluetooth for the printer (it worked perfectly well before re-installing Windows) but its set up keeps going wrong in various ways depending on which "add printer" route I use.

At present I have two duplicate entries, but different types, in the printer property's list of ports;

BTH001 virtual........ Printer X

BTH001 local Printer X

As I remember the virtual one is correct, but I can't delete the local port - even having stopped printer spooling, it just keeps saying it's in use (no idea for what, I'm not using it).

How can I get rid of this BTH001 type=local port because I think it is causing problems resulting in installation of the bluetooth printer function not working properly?

Griffinit, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

1. Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth virtual COM

2. Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10: I have a bluetooth module in my new Board I have a good communication with My android Cellphone but when I Start to develop an APP with C# App in Windows 10, I had a problem.I can see the virtual port, but I can not open that and I can not send any thing on that.I recive this...
  3. Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.: My employer has a custom software product written in VB.NET and compiled with Visual Studio 2019 Professional that is run on tablet computers. The software uses Bluetooth virtual COM ports for serial communication, and has been working since the mid-2000’s on multiple brands...
  4. Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth virtual COM port names corrupt when returned by GetPortNames.: My employer has a custom software product written in VB.NET and compiled with Visual Studio 2019 Professional that is run on tablet computers. The software uses Bluetooth virtual COM ports for serial communication, and has been working since the mid-2000’s on multiple brands...
  5. Virtual COM Port problem

Virtual COM Port problem: I recently bought a laser etching device that uses STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port driver. I downloaded and installed the driver, and I was able to get the driver to appear under Ports in the Device Manager. When I check the properties, I get "This device cannot start....
  6. Bluetooth virtual COM port

Bluetooth virtual COM port: Hello everyone I'm having trouble to open connection with a bluetooth device with a virtual com port SPP. I'm able to pair it Through bluetooth settings>advanced settings > Com port > add and everything goes fine. But when I want to open the connection with a software Here...
  7. Virtual COM ports

Virtual COM ports: I am using Windows 10 and cannot find the COM and LPT settings I need to assign virtual COM ports. ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-com-ports/b0ef4b1f-c1ca-46aa-89a6-aa052ab3a0ca
  8. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install virtual com ports.: Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT. The SiliconLabs links...
  9. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install virtual com ports.: Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT. The SiliconLabs links...
  10. Virtual COM port

Virtual COM port: Looking for software to create a virtual COM port in a 2018 Microsoft Surface (LTE/4g model) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/virtual-com-port/e2876692-3b02-49a7-a38e-3ffbfd70d472