Windows 10: Bluetooth volume slider broken?

Discus and support Bluetooth volume slider broken? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, So just last week I was using my Bluetooth earbuds as normal on my Lenovo Flex 5 on Windows 10 v2004 and the 3 finger gesture to increase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ONE_BIG_LOAD, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Bluetooth volume slider broken?

Hi guys,

So just last week I was using my Bluetooth earbuds as normal on my Lenovo Flex 5 on Windows 10 v2004 and the 3 finger gesture to increase volume was working perfectly and so were the volume buttons. After some updates (both windows and bios) the volume slider seems to be broken from both the buttons on the keyboard and the gestures from the precision trackpad. The volume changes fine it's just it doesn't reflect in the volume slider popup that comes up.

It's a Realtek Bluetooth card as far as I'm aware if that helps. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ONE_BIG_LOAD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ONE_BIG_LOAD, Nov 9, 2020

2. Volume Slider pops up randomly changing the audio settings

Update - BLUETOOTH? A couple of coincidences I noticed involving Bluetooth transfers and the volume slider popping up leads me to suspect a conflict. So I just turned off Bluetooth on the laptop and the rogue volume slider disappeared. Could be another coincidence
    of course but I will monitor and report back.

Thx for suggestions.

Richard

Edit: 22nd.

I turned Bluetooth back on this morning and transferred four files to an old Nokia phone. Each time the phone beeped to announce file transfer complete so the volume slider popped up and off again. Think we've found the issue. Now for a solution.

RichardJBryce, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Volume Slider Broken

Hello,

I own an HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 on it, and recently out of the blue my volume slider broke. The issue is that the volume keeps going down automatically, even when I use the volume slider to push it back up. So first I tried turning off the action
    keys from the BIOS menu to maybe stop my f keys from pushing the volume down button, and that did not fix the issue so it is not an issue with the keyboard. I then uninstalled and reinstalled my sound drivers multiple times, again with no success. I have also
    ran the windows trouble shooter for playing audio multiple times and every time i get 2 non resolvable errors: Low audio device volume and Audio device muted. So finally I reset my pc but kept my personal files and even that didn't solve the issue. Any help
    I could get would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

StewieLeMan, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Bluetooth volume slider broken?

Bluetooth Audio is Bugged in 1803

Found a bug with Bluetooth audio with 1803. I can reproduce on 4 computers with clean install or upgrade. Same bug.
    So this PC has a Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. I have a pair of Creative Bluetooth speaker that connects to it. I only use this as a backup speaker. My Denon AVR uses WASAPI when watching moves in Atmos, DTS, etc.

After a clean or upgrade install of 1803, the Bluetooth audio slider does not change volume. It makes a beep when moving the slider. Like beeps for every step. If you turn the slider all the way down, the volume does mute. When you turn it up one step, the speakers are full blast. They are always playing a full blast no matter where the slider is. And after playing with the slider for a minute, Bluetooth disconnects. I tried a different BT adapter on this PC. It has the same behavior. It's a multi-boot PC and this adapter works fine in Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 1703. Thanks MS!

This occurs on 2 other PC too. One is a Dell 1820 with an Intel network/BT adapter.

Who else sees this bug?

Who else noticed this? It's not a driver problem. They changed a lot of sound things in 1803.

doctorwizz, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth volume slider broken?

1. Bluetooth volume slider broken? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth volume slider

2. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  3. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  6. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  7. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Volume slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  10. Volume Slider Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Slider Broken: Hello, I own an HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 on it, and recently out of the blue my volume slider broke. The issue is that the volume keeps going down automatically, even when I use the volume slider to push it back up. So first I tried turning off the action keys from...