Windows 10: Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't...

Discus and support Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to show hidden devices to find Bluetooth. Uninstalled Bluetooth device under personal area network and two drivers (Intel and microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sociallyawkweird, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't...

I had to show hidden devices to find Bluetooth. Uninstalled Bluetooth device under personal area network and two drivers (Intel and microsoft enumerator). Then the device disappeared altogether. Restarted the computer and now I don't see bluetooth at all. Please help.

submitted by /u/sociallyawkweird
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sociallyawkweird, Aug 28, 2020
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Sas.Pop Win User
    Bluetooth headset doesn´t connect to Windows 10 due to no response

Hi Leviozar,

I didn´t make any changes on my device, at least what I would be aware of. However, I run CCleaner and Drive Booster from time to time. I have tried the troubleshooting (Bluetooth and also Hardware and Devices) but I didn´t uninstall anything. The second
    one just had me restart the system but now it cannot even find the Bluetooth headset. My current OS version is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309).

Thanks for your effort.

Regards

Sas.Pop, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't...

bluetooth not working

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please share the details.

• Have you updated your Bluetooth adapter driver?

As Bluetooth stopped working it is a Bluetooth driver issue on the system so I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers and check whether the issue get fixed.

If not, please try the troubleshooting steps below by Uninstall and Reinstall the BluetoothDrivers method.

Step 1: Uninstall the BluetoothDrivers.

a. Press 'Windows Logo + X' keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on Device Manager from that list.

c. Search for the BluetoothDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select Uninstall. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: Delete the driver software for this device, you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

e. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

f. Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the BluetoothDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Below link is an article about Why isn’t Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't...

1. Bluetooth wasn't working. Uninstalled drivers. Restarted computer. Bluetooth didn't... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth wasn't working

2. My Bluetooth didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth didn't work: I have a problem with my Bluetooth not appearing in quick action and not appearing in the device manager.just when I show hidden devices in the device manager it appeared, I didn't know how to fix that...
  3. My Bluetooth didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth didn't work: I have a problem with my Bluetooth not appearing in quick action and not appearing in the device manager.just when I show hidden devices in the device manager it appeared, I didn't know how to fix that...
  4. My Bluetooth didn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers: I've had a Bluetooth issue for a long time now and now I'm finally on the brink of it, after going through my regular business uninstalling my Bluetooth drivers like I do basically every day, they just never came back today. I currently don't see the Bluetooth section in my...
  6. Bluetooth doesn't work drivers already updated, restarted computer, multiple Bluetooth...

Bluetooth doesn't work drivers already updated, restarted computer, multiple Bluetooth...: So I just finished building my first PC Ryzen 7 3700x and MSI B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI everything about it went smoothly except for when I tried to connect my beats solo pro to my computer. At first, it would say the device is connected and plays audio. But when I put my...
  7. Bluetooth driver uninstalled

Bluetooth driver uninstalled: Today I was using my airpods via bluetooth on my laptop. I left for about 20 minutes or something and I realised my airpods didn't connect. I went to my bluetooth setting and it displayed that my bluetooth was turned off. There was no turn on or of button displayed anywhere...
  8. Bluetooth device worked and then didn't.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device worked and then didn't.: I bought Vivitar NECK-S-FD Bluetooth Stereo Earphones and I paired them up with my Toshiba laptop computer running Windows 10. I paired them up. I can't remember what Windows called my earphones but I think it was similar to the name. I started to not be able to hear my...
  9. Uninstalled Bluetooth Driver

Uninstalled Bluetooth Driver: Due to many difficulties, such as being unable to find the option to turn on Bluetooth, being unable to remove a device Pro Controller for the Switch, and not finding the proper solution, I uninstalled my Bluetooth drivers and would like to know which Bluetooth driver to...
  10. Bluetooth On/Off gone reinstalling drivers didn't work

Bluetooth On/Off gone reinstalling drivers didn't work: I cannot get the Bluetooth on/off switch to appear in settings. It previously worked fine and as I was connecting an Xbox controller it suddenly disappeared. I have updated all my windows updates and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers then restarted the computer...