Windows 10: bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc

Discus and support bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; for past week, cannot connect my windows 10 pc to a bluetooth device; bluetooth appears in the Device Manager along with profiles for different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pdoyle1, Feb 18, 2019.

1. pdoyle1 Win User

bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc

for past week, cannot connect my windows 10 pc to a bluetooth device; bluetooth appears in the Device Manager along with profiles for different headsets paired in the past; but doesn't let me delete past devices or connect to any paired devices, stating the pc's bluetooth is not turned on. The pc's bluetooth radio is not turned on; but device manager doesn't show me how to turn it on. power cycled. please don't suggest I update drivers; that never works for anything. It has all the latest windows updates.

thanks.

:)

pdoyle1, Feb 18, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 18, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

iPhone to pc Bluetooth

Hi DianeFrigon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you getting any error message?
    2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    3. Did you try paring Android mobile to PC?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone which you link to pair on Windows PC.

Note: Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone, tap settings, tap Bluetooth, and then turn on Bluetooth.

1. Open settings on Windows 10 PC
    2. Select Devices and select Bluetooth
    3. Below Manage Bluetooth devices select, turn on the Bluetooth option.

4. Windows 10 will start searching for Bluetooth devices, in few seconds, your IPhone name will appear in manage Bluetooth devices sections.
    5. Click on pair button
    6. It will prompt for the passcode on Windows 10 PC
    7. Check whether passcode is appearing on your IPhone
    8. Click Yes button on your PC, and then tap pair option on your IPhone to pair with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth.

Hope it helps

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc - Similar Threads - bluetooth turn

2. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on: it works properly when i restart the system i also tried to troubleshoot but it always got stuck and dont process furtherservices restart also doesn't work...
  3. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on: it works properly when i restart the system i also tried to troubleshoot but it always got stuck and dont process furtherservices restart also doesn't work...
  4. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  6. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  7. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

8. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on: I cannot find a button to turn off/on my bluetooth and every guide I see is essentially telling me to do just that. It's not in my notifications and it's not in Bluetooth & other devicesI am trying to connect Xbox controllers to my pc...
  9. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on: I cannot find a button to turn off/on my bluetooth and every guide I see is essentially telling me to do just that. It's not in my notifications and it's not in Bluetooth & other devicesI am trying to connect Xbox controllers to my pc...
  10. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth will not turn on

2. bluetooth will not turn on windows 10

3. win 10 bluetooth not turning on