Windows 10: Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio

Discus and support Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a couple months now, I've been having issues connecting my Bluetooth devices to my PC. Both devices work perfectly when paired with my phone or TV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by larken27, Oct 13, 2019.

1. larken27 Win User

Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio

For a couple months now, I've been having issues connecting my Bluetooth devices to my PC. Both devices work perfectly when paired with my phone or TV, but when connected to my laptop, both will show as voice connected, but one plays audio with horrendous quality, while the other plays no audio at all.

I've tried pretty much everything I can find to try to fix this, but I'm starting to wonder if this is something I'm going to have to wait for Microsoft to fix. So far, I've messed with registries, the Bluetooth services, drivers... If anyone knows anything that might fix it, I'd really appreciate it!

:)

larken27, Oct 13, 2019

2. Bluetooth device always connected as voice instead of voice and audio

My bluetooth headset used to work just fine. But then when i tried to connect my bluetooth device, it's always connected as voice when it usually say connected to voice and audio. It's working perfectly back then when i connect and it's connected to voice
    and audio and now it's just connected to voice only instead to voice and audio. So if i play music or something, it will play the sound in handfree mode like when we are in phone calls.

Please help me fix this. It's annoying thoo.

Rio Pratama, Oct 13, 2019
  3. pheles22 Win User
    Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Connect Voice

2. Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only: For some reason, windows really wants my bluetooth device to be input only. It doesn't have a microphone tho, as it is my stereo Teufel Combo 42 with bluetooth dongle.Here's what i have to do every time i connect it after booting the PC:* bluetooth devices => remove device*...
  3. Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only: For some reason, windows really wants my bluetooth device to be input only. It doesn't have a microphone tho, as it is my stereo Teufel Combo 42 with bluetooth dongle.Here's what i have to do every time i connect it after booting the PC:* bluetooth devices => remove device*...
  4. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.: - This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been discussed in microsoft's forum, but no one could fix that issue! BT Device: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live I could connect before,...
  5. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.: - This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been discussed in microsoft's forum, but no one could fix that issue! BT Device: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live I could connect before,...
  6. Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headphones Only Connect As "Voice", No Audio

Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headphones Only Connect As "Voice", No Audio: Hiya all~ I recently have experienced a weird bug in which my Bluetooth headphones Phiaton 900 Legacy will only connect to my Win10 PC, an Acer Predator Triton 500, as "Voice." From a fresh "turning on" of Bluetooth, after I had removed the headphones:After I click the...
  7. My Bluetooth audio device is only connected to voice but not music?

My Bluetooth audio device is only connected to voice but not music?: I am able to connect to my Bluetooth headphones to my windows 10 computer but there is no audio coming from headphones.I am attaching screenshots of my configuration.Anyone kindly help me!Thanks in advance....
  8. Bluetooth only voice connected

Bluetooth only voice connected: I have Taotronics soundsurge 90 and when I connect them to my computer only voice is connected. I can only use the "Hands free Audio" which is very Low quality, usually I can use "Stereo", but because It only connects voice and not audio usually both connect and I can't use...
  9. Bluetooth Audio Device - Only connecting to voice and not audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Audio Device - Only connecting to voice and not audio: This problem has been going on for a week or so now where I will connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my laptop, and it will only connect to "voice" but won't connect to audio. Whenever I try to play something, it comes out of the laptop's speakers instead. I've tried using other...
  10. Bluetooth "Connected Voice" Only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth "Connected Voice" Only: My Samsung Level Headphones will only "connect voice," when traditionally it has been they it says something like "Connected sound, voice" or "Connected music, voice." I still get audio through them, but it requires me to do a lot of weird sound setting things and it audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only voice connect to laptop

2. how to change voice connection to music connection from laptop to bluetooth radio

3. bluetooth connected voice only

4. bluetooth connected voice,
  5. how to set bluetooth for voice only,
  6. blue tooth connects for voice only,
  7. my blue tooth headsphones will play voice,
  8. bluetooth connection voice only,
  9. why does my bluetooth only connect to voice to my laptop,
  10. windows phone not connected to bluetooth headset only voice,
  11. bluetooth headphones only connected voice,
  12. bluetooth device connectig with voice only,
  13. bluetooth voice connection,
  14. connected voice connected audio,