Windows 10: Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

Discus and support Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handsfree-mic-bluetooth-does-not-work/af9d31bd-b547-4b73-b44c-6e071ad430ff ^ Basically the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Patrik1911, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handsfree-mic-bluetooth-does-not-work/af9d31bd-b547-4b73-b44c-6e071ad430ff ^ Basically the same issueA lot of people have experienced this WINDOWS 10 PROBLEM and it has never been fixed.Wireless headsets are recognised as two devices HEADPHONES; HEADSETHeadphones are stereo, Headset contains output and input...HEADSET part doesn't work and I spent literal hours seeking for solution.Microphone bar doesn't EVER raise, opening recoring tab in sound settings mutes all audio.HEADSET doesn't make any sound in the actual device.Headset

:)

Patrik1911, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Looking for Reqs: Headphones for gaming and music... wireless?

Christmas is coming. The time when there are Halloween costumes and Christmas trees piled next to each other in stores.

So, on my list of gifts are headphones for a 12 yr old who plays Xbox and PC games. General requirements:

Over the ear
    Microphone

I'm also debating wired vs. wireless but haven't found much other than headsets for phones (Bluetooth). Never purchased a headset for the PC before, so I'm a little lost as what to get and would work on both the PC and Xbox.

Sasqui, Oct 5, 2022
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works... [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works... [​IMG]

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Mazkaa Win User

Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

1. Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth wireless HEADSET

2. Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handsfree-mic-bluetooth-does-not-work/af9d31bd-b547-4b73-b44c-6e071ad430ff ^ Basically the same issueA lot of people have experienced this WINDOWS 10 PROBLEM and it has never been fixed.Wireless headsets are recognised as...
  3. Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth wireless HEADSET - microphone doesn't work; HEADPHONE for playing music works...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handsfree-mic-bluetooth-does-not-work/af9d31bd-b547-4b73-b44c-6e071ad430ff ^ Basically the same issueA lot of people have experienced this WINDOWS 10 PROBLEM and it has never been fixed.Wireless headsets are recognised as...
  4. Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset

Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset: Hi everyone,I was hoping someone could help me. I have an issue with my Bluetooth earbuds connection. They show connected to my laptop and I'm able to play audio through them, however the headset functionality for calls is not working.I've tried connecting my earbuds to...
  5. Microphone doesn't work with headphones

Microphone doesn't work with headphones: Hello, when i first pluged in my headphones into PC, some setting on headphones showed, a don't know what type of headphones i selected. And now when i have my headphones, my microphone doens't work. I don't know ho to reset this setting and i was looking for everywhere....
  6. Bluetooth headset microphone not working

Bluetooth headset microphone not working: Hi, There is some issue with a Bluetooth Headphone I have, the same was working so far, without any issues. The headphone used to Show 2 entities - Stereo & Hands-free but all of a sudden the hands-free option is no longer available and the settings suggests there is no...
  7. External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do

External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do: I just bought a new Dell G5 5590 and I also have new Sony 1000X M3 headphones. The headphones work on my phone for both the microphone and the speakers. However, when I try to use them with my laptop, sound comes through the speakers, but it doesn't recognize the...
  8. Microphone on Bluetooth headphones will not work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone on Bluetooth headphones will not work!: After having some issues with my microphone the audio in the headphones was terrible... I searched up some tutorials to try and fix it and I turned off hands free telephony it worked to fix my audio but now it combined two parts of my headphones one called headset and one...
  9. Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work

Microphone on Headset Doesn't Work: Yesterday I received my Dell Inspiron Gaming PC from Amazon, and after a long time of configurations I tried to test my Logitech G233 Prodigy Headset's microphone, which didn't work but I could hear in-game sound. I was using the front headphone jack, so I plugged the headset...
  10. Headphone Microphone doesn't work

Headphone Microphone doesn't work: I have the Krarken headset which comes with a microphone, however when I tried using it on my new desktop only the audio changes and it recognizes the headset as speakers instead. While fiddling around with it I was only able to make the microphone emit a ringing noise which...