Windows 10: Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

Discus and support Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobbisrex99, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are both named "Wireless Controller" How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/bobbisrex99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bobbisrex99, Oct 4, 2020

2. Bluetooth connected device's name

Hi Mallory,

To change the Bluetooth adapter name, follow these steps:

1. Right-click on Start menu button, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth section.
    3. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver, and select Properties.
    4. Click Advanced tab.
    5. Type your desired name, and click OK.

If you have other concerns, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Cannot remove Bluetooth device when multiple devices have same name

The suggestion that the duplicate device names seems unlikely to be the underlying issue as:

(1) The devices identify themselves with Bluetooth addresses and operate just fine, it is just removing a device which seems to have the problem (which makes sense, since the names are just user-friendly labels and the underlying Bluetooth hardware addresses
    identify the devices).

(2) I renamed the keyboards using the "Devices and Printers" page to eliminate the name duplication and the problematic keyboard device entry still cannot be removed.

(3) I have multiple Kinesis keyboards paired with several Mac OS X computers and there are no problems deleting and re-pairing the devices even when the Bluetooth device names are identical.

When I contacted Kinesis about the problem they have identified the issue in Windows 8.1 and 10 and did not report an effective workaround. Quoting from their reply to me:

"We are still looking into this problem but I wanted to send you a quick email to let you know we received it and we're investigating.

RalphS_876, Oct 4, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

Change the name of paired Bluetooth devices

Hello Ref,

You can change the name of your paired Bluetooth devices on Device Manager. To assist you with your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type in Control Panel on the Cortana Search
      field.
    • Click on Hardware & Sound.
    • Select Devices & Printers.
    • On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties.
    • Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

1. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth multiple devices

2. Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices: Windows 10 Pro - V22H2I've seen this question asked many times before but haven't come across a solution. I'm trying to connect Bluetooth speakers but when I open Settings > Bluetooth & other devices multiple instances of "Living Room" are constantly populating the list and...
  3. Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices: Windows 10 Pro - V22H2I've seen this question asked many times before but haven't come across a solution. I'm trying to connect Bluetooth speakers but when I open Settings > Bluetooth & other devices multiple instances of "Living Room" are constantly populating the list and...
  4. Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you pair multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you pair multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time?: Can I connect multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time to my laptop? Let’s say if I want to use my sesh wireless earbuds and my wireless keyboard at the same time. Is that possible?? submitted by /u/nomdomz [link] [comments]...
  6. Keeping the same assigned name on multiple devices in Microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping the same assigned name on multiple devices in Microsoft solitaire: I play Microsoft Solitaire on my computer and I have an assigned name. However, when I installed Microsoft Solitaire on a second computer, I get a different assigned name. How can I have the same name on both computers?...
  7. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.: How Do I Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name? I Have about 2,000 folders all different names, want to put all their contents into a Single Folder. So if I rename all the folders to the same name, that should do it....
  8. Bluetooth device names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device names: Howdy, can anyone tell me how to change Bluetooth device names on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-names/a3ecd272-12e2-45b5-8387-e26cb91dba6a
  9. Multiple Bluetooth Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Bluetooth Devices: Can I have a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth keyboard active at the same time, even if they are from different companies? Or will I need to have one of them connected via USB?...
  10. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. many bluetooth devices same name how to distinguish