Windows 10: Bluetooth works after restart

Discus and support Bluetooth works after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I have a Bluetooth adapter connected to my PC (Win 10) but it only works or discovers other devices after restart. I did find a post in connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zerqsy, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Zerqsy Win User

Bluetooth works after restart

HI, I have a Bluetooth adapter connected to my PC (Win 10) but it only works or discovers other devices after restart. I did find a post in connection to this issue but the instructions given there are not solving my problem (the post was 4 years ago). I have troubleshooted, updated drivers but the issue still remains. Pls help

:)

Zerqsy, Nov 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 16, 2018
  3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Bluetooth works after restart

bluetooth not working

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please share the details.

• Have you updated your Bluetooth adapter driver?

As Bluetooth stopped working it is a Bluetooth driver issue on the system so I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers and check whether the issue get fixed.

If not, please try the troubleshooting steps below by Uninstall and Reinstall the BluetoothDrivers method.

Step 1: Uninstall the BluetoothDrivers.

a. Press 'Windows Logo + X' keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on Device Manager from that list.

c. Search for the BluetoothDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select Uninstall. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: Delete the driver software for this device, you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

e. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

f. Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the BluetoothDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Below link is an article about Why isn’t Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth works after restart

1. Bluetooth works after restart - Similar Threads - Bluetooth works restart

2. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  3. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  4. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mouse does not work on startup but always works after restart

Bluetooth mouse does not work on startup but always works after restart: Microsoft bluetooth mouse will never work on startup, although it shows as connected and working properly. After restart the mouse will work properly until the computer is shut down. The mouse continues to work properly after the computer has been on sleep. I have ensured...
  6. Bluetooth mouse does not work on startup but always works after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse does not work on startup but always works after restart: Microsoft bluetooth mouse will never work on startup, although it shows as connected and working properly. After restart the mouse will work properly until the computer is shut down. The mouse continues to work properly after the computer has been on sleep. I have ensured...
  7. Bluetooth mouse does not work on startup but always works after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.

Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.: My speaker Bluetooth stopped working following an update and a restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-no-longer-working-after-restart/84c289ba-6498-464c-89e4-96a4365ad011
  9. Bluetooth not working after forced restart

Bluetooth not working after forced restart: My laptop had a forced restart last night I'm assuming for a Windows 10 update..., and when I came down to listen to music while I pack, I was unable to connect my bluetooth headphones. When I tried to fix the problem, I noticed that ALL bluetooth related settings are now...
  10. Why did my Bluetooth stop working after restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my Bluetooth stop working after restart?: For the last few weeks I've used my Bluetooth headset to listen to movies and music on my pc with no issues. I restarted my pc, only to find that the Bluetooth not longer connects to my headset. I looked in the Bluetooth settings and it shows the name of my head set but...