Windows 10: BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

Discus and support BluRay Drive won't play movie discs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miss Bad Wolf, May 20, 2015.

1. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to Windows 7 or 8.
    Every time I try to play a movie in various movie player, the disc would not be found.

:)

Miss Bad Wolf, May 20, 2015
  2. kchmid Win User

Bluray drive not working after installing Windows 10

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. A few years ago, I installed Windows 10. One thing I didn't do was to check that all the software and drives were still working. I recently tried to play a Bluray disc in the bluray drive that came standard when I purchased
    the laptop. The drive plays regular dvds and cd. It rips cds correctly. It even recognizes the bluray disc and displays the correct title in file explorer. However, it cannot play the bluray dvd.

Is this a drive or driver issue? I would assume it should be a simple fix, as all other functions of the drive are working properly... I just can't get the bluray movie to play.

kchmid, May 20, 2015
  3. picture not appearing on movies and tv in blue ray quality

The Movies & TV app does not play BluRay discs.

airmattdog, May 20, 2015
  4. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

What software player are you using (Win10 doesn't include any BD playback software). You can try the JRiver Media Center (free trial) just for testing to see if you can play your BD with it. JRiver Media Center
    I use it and "AnyDVD HD" for BD movie playback.

EDIT: Just to add, there are several BD players available. Some are free and will just playback the disk. Others (like JRiver and Kodi) do a lot more.

CountryBumkin, May 21, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    From WinXDVD DAPlayer:
    Here is the link: DAPlayer - Free HD Bluray Video Multimedia Player Software

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

1. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs - Similar Threads - BluRay Drive won't

2. rented Movie won't play

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    rented Movie won't play: Hi,I'm in Luxembourg. I want to play Ratatuille movie in German. I just get an error message.I'm on Windows 10.I want to play in HD.I can't find the movies and films entry in the apps section.Thanks....
  3. rented Movie won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rented Movie won't play: Hi,I'm in Luxembourg. I want to play Ratatuille movie in German. I just get an error message.I'm on Windows 10.I want to play in HD.I can't find the movies and films entry in the apps section.Thanks....
  4. rented Movie won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...: I spent most of yesterday trying to get my dvd player to work I haven't tried playing anything since last Christmas.I've already tried all of the solutions in this help article >...
  6. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...: I spent most of yesterday trying to get my dvd player to work I haven't tried playing anything since last Christmas.I've already tried all of the solutions in this help article >...
  7. Windows 10 File Manager is not Displaying Bluray Optical Drive and it Won't Play Discs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?: Whenever I try to play blu ray discs on my blu ray drive, I get an error in VLC. I tried getting help from Microsoft tech support but they seemed to be unable to understand what it meant to play a blu ray disc. o_O One "advisor" said to use VLC and it would play any blu ray...
  9. Won't play movies

Won't play movies: My windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 won't play movies. I can't figure out why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wont-play-movies/c733c4c3-c84d-4dc1-90b6-2062ffd9d102
  10. EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs

EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs: Problem after free upgrade with external DVD rw, this is what I did from the Microsoft resolution page, troubshoot hardware and devices, still would not open disc, manual delete upper filters, still not open disc, uninstalled. DVD device showing on the list.........which did...