Windows 10: bluray not playing since update

Discus and support bluray not playing since update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a bluray internal drive that worked perfectly before the creators update and since only works with dvd's or with cd's and does not recognise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOHNSTOKES4, Sep 17, 2019.

1. bluray not playing since update

I have a bluray internal drive that worked perfectly before the creators update and since only works with dvd's or with cd's and does not recognise bluray disks. if a bluray disk is loaded in drive windows 10 thinks the drive is empty.

Please help!

:)

JOHNSTOKES4, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Can't Play BluRay Disks?

I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder.

The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will play the disk or .m2ts file - I've tried Nero BluRay Player, VLC, Films & TV and Media Player.

The BluRay disks play fine in my 2 dedicated BluRay players so the disks are OK. Has Windows 10 done something to trash the codecs for BluRay playback and how do I check and solve the issue? Perhaps I should uninstall/reinstall Nero 2015 which I use for BluRay playback?

Steve C, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Kaoru24 Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 10 issue with dvd burners.

My LG BH10LS30 burner shows up as an available drive. It burns and plays regular dvds. It also recognizes and plays purchased bluray dvds.

However, it is not recognizing blank bluray disks (used memorex and and sony) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Kaoru24 Win User

bluray not playing since update

Windows 8 or 10 do not recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 8 and 10 issue with dvd burners.

I have had a Dell 8700 desktop with a LG BH10LS30 bluray burner for a couple of years. When I was on Windows 8, I had no problems playing or burning regular or bluray DVDs.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though the burner shows up as an available drive, it did not recognize blank bluray disks (I have used Memorex, Sony, and Verbatim BD-Rs thus far) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same
    burner.

It was able to play commercial regular and bluray dvds with no problems.

I recently had a problem in Windows 10 and had to use recovery disks to go back to Windows 8.1. And now I've lost more functionality....it now doesn't recognize or play (those burned with videos) regular blank DVDs either.

I still can play purchased regular or bluray DVDs.

I've googled and tried various things I've seen posted, but no success yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

bluray not playing since update

1. bluray not playing since update - Similar Threads - bluray playing since

2. 180 GB Bluray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    180 GB Bluray: I bought a 100GB BDXL disc for $12. When I went to format the disc in explorer, it formatted but then it said that the disc was 180GB, which was not true. I can no longer write to the disc with explorer, and I have to use a Hex editor to write to it. Disk management will not...
  3. 180 GB Bluray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    180 GB Bluray: I bought a 100GB BDXL disc for $12. When I went to format the disc in explorer, it formatted but then it said that the disc was 180GB, which was not true. I can no longer write to the disc with explorer, and I have to use a Hex editor to write to it. Disk management will not...
  4. Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine: Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 - which seems wrong. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, multiple times. I've also tried different SATA ports - no...
  5. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?: Whenever I try to play blu ray discs on my blu ray drive, I get an error in VLC. I tried getting help from Microsoft tech support but they seemed to be unable to understand what it meant to play a blu ray disc. o_O One "advisor" said to use VLC and it would play any blu ray...
  6. windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.

windows 10 does not see bluray disks since updating windows.: ever since I updated windows 10 my bluray drive will only play dvd or cd all ok but when I put a bluray disk in to play explorer tells me there is no disk in drive. this only occurred since I last updated windows 10. I have uninstalled drive and rebooted to re install...
  7. BluRay player

BluRay player: Where can I download a Microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluray-player/3ab36b30-0ac0-49ca-b572-395641d573bc
  8. Two computers playing up since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two computers playing up since last update.: Hi, I am certainly getting sick of this. For about the last ten days I have wasted most of each day trying to sort out my 2 windows 10 computers. On both of the machines the first scene as windows 10 loads is totally out of focus and fuzzy. Maybe this is a new feature of...
  9. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

BluRay Drive won't play movie discs: I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to Windows 7 or 8. Every time I try to play a movie in various movie player, the disc would not be found. 6202
  10. Can't Play BluRay Disks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Play BluRay Disks?: I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder. The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will...