Windows 10: Blurry and flickering 2k monitor.

Discus and support Blurry and flickering 2k monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. So as the title states, I have one Lenovo L24q-30 monitor that is flickering and is also blurry while connected to my work ThinkPad. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle Fecik, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Blurry and flickering 2k monitor.

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Hello all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]So as the title states, I have one Lenovo L24q-30 monitor that is flickering and is also blurry while connected to my work ThinkPad. The other L24q-30 is 100% okay. Both are connected through the ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen 2. One is connected via an HDMI and the other is connected via a DisplayPort cable. My computer is connected to the dock via a USB C to USB C.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I have attempted to troubleshoot this myself by uninstalling the display adapter driver and reinstalling but it did not work. I have also tried deleting the "Generic PnP Monitor" and replacing it with a similar Lenovo model although they did not have the same model monitor but that also did not help at all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]What are my next steps?[/COLOR]

:)

Kyle Fecik, Mar 1, 2021
  2. MetaColon Win User

Windows 10 monitor scaling blurry

Circumstances

• Windows 10 Version 1709 x64
    • One 4K (27") and one 2K (27") monitor
    • Nvidia 1050 TI

Feel free to ask for more information, if you need them.

The Problem

Everything works fine if I don't use the Scaling option of Windows 10 (Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout). However, if I don't use the scaling function, the content on the 4K monitor is very very small.

If I do use the scaling function as recommended (150% for the 4K monitor, 100% for the 2K one), it looks good in general. However, in some applications (Outlook, IntelliJ, ...) the content on the 2K monitor is veary blurry. While there might be a fix for the programs in specific (even though I wasn't able to do this), I'd like a general fix for this problem.

Furthermore, when I use the 4K monitor scaled by 150%, Windows doesn't seem to be quite able to measure the correct size. That means, if I'm at the top right corner of the 4K monitor, at which a maximized window is open, I don't click at the closing button, but slightly above it. This is not that much of a problem though, I could adapt to it.

What I've tried

• I tried running the programs (I tested it with IntelliJ) with Override high DPI scaling behaviour set to System and System (Enhanced), while using the recommended Windows scaling options
      • The programs controls are as tiny as if I hadn't scaled the monitor at all
    • I tried scaling both monitors by the same factor (125%)
      • The controls on the 2K monitor are terribly huge
      • The controls on the 2K monitor still look a little bit blurry, but not as much as before
    • I tried this tool
      • The same effect as with scaling both monitors by the same factor
    • I tried setting my 2K monitor as primary monitor
      • The contents on the 2K monitor are blurry
    • I (obviously) tried logging out and restarting my computer for each option I tried
    • I tried some specific solutions for IntelliJ (which didn't work), but I don't think they're relevant here

MetaColon, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Monitor 2k problem

I have 2k 144hz monitor, and i bought HDMI port with hope i can go with 2560*1440, but i cant when i go to setting highest option i have is 1920*1080, Did anyone had same problem and fix for it. Is it windows problem or just monitor doesn't have 2k?

I have RX 560 2gb, i3-4130 3.5 ghz, Monitor Model Samsung SyncMaster 2343NW

Thanks

VojislavDjordjevic, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Blurry and flickering 2k monitor.

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Blurry and flickering 2k monitor.

1. Blurry and flickering 2k monitor. - Similar Threads - Blurry flickering monitor

2. Ryzen 3 3200G And 2k Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ryzen 3 3200G And 2k Monitors: Hi, This is my system: Ryzen 3 3200G ASUS A320M-K 16GB RAM 256GB SSD 1TB HDD My current monitor is LG E1940 (720p). I'm planning to buy a monitor with a good colour gamut and good factory calibration. I've chosen the BenQ PD2500Q...
  3. Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text: I am currently running 2 monitors in windows, one 2k, and one 4k. At the moment the only way I am able to get clear crisp text and icons is to run the 4k at 100% scaling. I am wanting to run the 4k @ 150% OR at 2k but It makes some apps blurry (task manager). I am just...
  4. Monitor 2k problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor 2k problem: I have 2k 144hz monitor, and i bought HDMI port with hope i can go with 2560*1440, but i cant when i go to setting highest option i have is 1920*1080, Did anyone had same problem and fix for it. Is it windows problem or just monitor doesn't have 2k? I have RX 560 2gb,...
  5. Blurry monitors

Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  6. Secondary Monitor Blurry

Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  7. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  8. Looking at a new 2K monitor

Looking at a new 2K monitor: I am thinking of getting myself a 27" 2K or 4K monitor and am wondering if my GTX 1050Ti will run either. A friend has suggested that it will as long as I don't try gaming in Ultra settings. But as I don't game because I have never had much luck in getting games to run the...
  9. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...
  10. Blurry on Monitor 2

Blurry on Monitor 2: Hi, This is a clean Windows 10 installation. OS: W10 Home GPU driver: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series Monitor 2: Dell ST2410 This happens approx after 30 min. W10 has been installed. Before, opening FF would be crystal clear, or any other application, for...